Chapter 2

Rubbing my eyes I open them, still sensitive to the light, only to see Anubis in my doorway trying to get me up.

   "I made breakfast, hurry up so you can make it to work on time."

  I groan in agreement before going through the same routine as yesterday, but this time my appearance does change slightly. I put on a small amount of eye makeup and lip gloss and choose a little more of nicer outfit choice today. I doubt I will really be in the field, so I put on a white long sleeve button up, the soft flowy kind, as dress shirts annoy me, and an orange button down pencil skirt. It's nice to feel pretty at work sometimes, but I slip on some black shorts just incase because you honestly never know what you will get into at the BAU. I decide to let Anubis choose my shoes but go to eat before she drags me by my hair.

  "Someone looks cute today." Anubis says setting down a plate of eggs and toast in front of me.

  "Well it's nice to dress up sometimes. Plus I'm letting you choose my shoes for today so go easy on me. Thank you for breakfast by the way." We smile at each other and have a quiet breakfast before quickly cleaning up and heading for my room.

  After rummaging through my closet she pulls out my cream lace up Oxford shoes, the heel bringing me to about 5'6 only an inch taller than usual. I slip them on and hug her goodbye before grabbing my things and heading for my car. Closing the door I put on my sunglasses and look in my mirrors realizing I should probably put my hair down as the slept in ponytail isn't very flattering.
  I remove the hair tye and ruffle it around until it looks nice and then start my commute to work, the oldies station playing softly in the background. Pulling into my spot I hop out, doing my best to kept the back of my skirt from hiking up and making my way to my floor. Heading straight for the coffee machine I run into Gracia and Morgan at the coffee maker doing their usual morning flirt.

"Someone looks nice today. Take our advice last night?" Morgan raises an eyebrow at us and I just roll my eyes at her.

   "No Penelope, this is for me, not your little fantasy. It's been awhile since I've looked a little nicer and today seemed like it would be more paper, than field work, although I'm prepared for both." She just gives me a smile and walks to her office, Morgan joining me with coffee in our hands, myself grabbing Hotch a cup, noticing his mug still in the cabinet.

  "So about your sister," I give him a look before he continues " now listen. I think she actually is a really sweet and cool chick, and I would like to see if it could lead anywhere."

   "Fine. But! You break her heart I break your magic wand, got it? Make sure she is okay with your playful flirting and knows the danger of your job. She mentioned you last night anyway." He smiled and kissed my cheek before stopping at his desk, myself passing it to climb the stairs.

   Lightly knocking with my foot I wait to here a response, opening the door then with my elbow. Walking in, I close it again with my back and walk over to hand him his mug. His office is quite bare, the team always making jokes about getting him a day off so we can come decorate. The only thing hinting at a personal life is a picture of Jack on his desk and one of the team on Reid's last birthday. He finally looks up to acknowledge whoever interrupted, only to realize it's me.

  "Oh Walker, thank you. How are you this morning?" He asks taking a sip and assessing me after yesterday's issue.

   "I'm good Sir, how about you?"

"What no Hotchy? And a skirt? Are you sure you are fine?" He asks a playful look over his mug.

   I grin back, his playful side rarely shown, but a wonderful thing to see. My breakdown may have sucked but it did lead to more smiles from him, doing his best to make sure I'm okay.