Chapter 7

TRIGGER WARNING:MENTIONS OF S*XUAL ASSAULT AND R*PE

   I woke up to the smell of some bomb ass food, and the low melodic sound of Hotch's laughter, flowing in from the kitchen. Sitting up and rubbing my eyes, I notice Melody and Emily still in bed with me, the others most likely out in the living room or kitchen. Slowly scooting to the edge of the bed, I stand up and turn back to the two, shaking them awake, earning a groan from Mel, and Emily mumbling a threat into the pillow.

   " Someone's cooking breakfast."

   Groaning, but finally caving, they slowly slide off the mattress, ready to follow me out. Opening my bedroom door we move towards the kitchen, the coldness of the tile floor bleeding through my socks as I pull down the sleeves of my top. We pass by Reid trying to go back to sleep while Morgan tugs on his hair, annoying him like always; JJ and Garcia on the couch watching TV, Emily and Mel joining them as I push open the kitchens swinging door to see Anubis and Hotch moving around in sync.

   "Hey V, sleep well?" Anubis asks snaking her arms around my waist for a hug.

   "Pretty well, what about you?"

  "I got to spoon Garcia, it was the best sleep I've ever gotten."

  "How about you Aaron?" I ask moving to give him a hug as well.

"Wow, no Hotchy, just Aaron. Are you sick?"

   "Boss or not, I WILL kick your ass."

"I slept okay, I got to fall asleep to the sound of you all laughing and Morgan mocking it."

   A stretching, I move to sit at the island, watching them finish up the pancakes, bacon already cooling off to the side. This is something I could definitely get used to seeing; the friendliness of Hotch and Ani, plus Hotch with bed head and a very unbuttoned dress shirt. He catches me observing, and shoots me a grin.

   "Like what you see?"

  "My sister and Boss slash nicest man I know, cooking pancakes? Yes Ani, this is the best thing I've seen in years."

   " Nicest man?" Morgan asks showing up behind me.

  "Yeah, he gives me his blazer or jacket when I'm cold, makes sure I'm safe and isn't pawning after my sister like a greedy man whore,"

   "Point taken." He kisses her cheek before grabbing plates from Ani, setting the table, myself grabbing the silverware to help.  

   Breakfast is amazing, the food delicious and the conversation light and cheery, bonus points for sitting next to Hotch who steals my bacon after I show no interest in it. Sadly the wonderful family moment comes to an end, Hotch and JJ leaving for a meeting with Strauss and having to run home to change, Garcia and Emily going home to run errands and have some me time, Reid wanting to go home and just read. Morgan and Mel do stay tho, until Anubis gets ready and they head out to have a nice long day date, Mel staying over not having any plans.

   Mel and I get along amazingly, having the same taste in a lot of music and TV shows, and the love of the art form we call bullying Morgan. She is even willing to go get tattoos with Ani and I, considering she wants to have more than Morgan, just to piss him off; she is honestly just an amazing, chill, funny friend and I could tell from the beginning that this will be a stellar friendship.

   "So, you wanna get started on those cookies?" I inquire after she helped me put the mattresses back in place, throwing the sheets in the wash, the smell of alcohol clinging to them from the previous night's activities.