Chapter 3

"Oh um, I should let you in. You can take a seat on the couch there, I'll go get her from the kitchen." We walked by, myself giving him a soft smile before sitting where he told us, Hotch in the middle, myself on the left, closest to the door.

  I did my best to look confident as I didn't want to bring attention to anyone but Mrs.Caleb and this case. It is not about me and she knows nothing of me so why should I even worry? Sitting up straight and crossing my ankles, we all look to the hallway he disappeared to, footsteps now approaching. She gave us a look, mostly of disgust before sitting across from us, Mr.Caleb choosing to stand.
She wore a white blouse paired with navy blue dress pants stopping right above her her black heels, not even the slightest scratch to be seen. Although she looked completely uninterested in why ever she was called in here, Mr.Caleb himself looked like her might jump out of his skin. Starting to bald he dyed whatever grey hairs sprouted trying to hide his stress and old age, his think frame glasses constantly being fidgeted with to calm his nerves. Like his wife, he dressed quite clean and proper, matching the interior of their house and reputation of this neighborhood; filled with rich families who think of others as scum, many being Christian or some religion of the sorts, all hold book clubs and fancy parties, hiding behind their sad lives crushing others and gossiping about who's husband was in who's bed.

   "May I ask why you are here agents?" She asks, only looking at Hotch, taking him as in charge.

  "Hello ma'am, I am FBI agent Hotchner, these are my colleagues agent Walker, and Morgan." He flashes his badge, a glint now in her eyes.

   Morgan must have noticed it too as we glance at each other behind Hotch who is at the edge of the seat, Morgan leaning back against the frame. Her posture perks up, now legs crossed and pointed at him, her upper body leant towards him. She's attracted to him.

   "Well then Agent, Hotchner. How may I be of assistance." Putting emphasis on the 'agent' she now has a grin on her face.

"We were just here to ask some questions about your recent whereabouts and such for a current case of ours." His body was leaning forward, elbows on his knees hands clasped in front of him, the same straight face.

    "Well I haven't been many places lately, you see I don't have much to do and obtained a hip injury recently so I can't do much adventuring. You wouldn't understand, a young dashing man like you is such great shape could do practically...well anything." Is she flirting with him?

   He continues to ask what she has been doing while stuck at home, Mr.Caleb now to his office to finish up some sort of paperwork leaving us with her. She kept her gaze on Hotch the entire time inching closer every chance she got. The crazy bitch even put her hand on his.

   "I really could use more help and protection around the house these days. Mr. Caleb is always doing something else and the world is a bad place, why a lady like me could just be over taken. I bet a wonderful man like yourself would protect a woman though, you seem so strong and thoughtful."

   I take the time to look around at the interior, pictures of everything except for family really. Her with her girlfriends, on a cruise; but nothing with Mr.Caleb or their son. Tuning back into the conversation I hear Hotch mention Jack, and then Haley's death being brought up. I haven't met Jack alot but the few times I have he was a little angel and I even had babysat him in Hotch's office earlier on when I couldn't go on field and Jack was visiting the office while his aunt had an appointment.

   "I bet you can find a beautiful woman for you agent, don't you worry." I resist rolling my eyes before I feel my phone buzz.

  "Oh sorry, if you will excuse me, this is about the case."