Chapter 4

"So you think there still isn't anything between you two? He touched you tattoo and held your hand Vel. You fell asleep on him and he carried you to bed!" I sigh and rub my temples, sitting in the conference room with Garcia.

   "First off, I didn't know he did that, but it was literally just friendly, that's. It." She huffs and leans forward, arms across the desk.

   "C'mon, you don't even like him a little?" I throw a glare at her as Morgan walks in, a smile and a coffee.

   "What are my pretty girls talking about, huh?" Before I can change the subject Garcia pipes up.

  "Oh just boy talk, you know how it is.  She just refuses to admit her obvious feelings."

    "For the last time, I do not have feelings for him!"

  "Feelings for who?" I whip my head around to see Hotch and Gideon walking in.

  "No one sir, Garcia is just pushing my buttons."

  "Hotch, sir, you think it is totally okay for her to have human emotions like feelings right? She doesn't have to hide them?" He gives her a confused look and I kick her leg under the table.

   "Shouldn't you be flirting with Morgan right now?" I ask.

I feel my phone ring and excuse myself, stepping to the corner before answering.

   "Vel Walker, who is this?"

"Auntie Vel!" I hear a young girl squeal over the phone.

  "Cassie, is that you?"

"Yes! Momma is sleeping and she was letting me play on her phone so I wanted to call you!" I smile and glance back at the table, Hotch and Garcia looking over.

  "Well Babycakes, I'm at work right now, is this super duper important?"

"Yes. I need your help. Its about mommy's birthday."

  "Okay, well can we make this really quick I have to go soon."

  " I'm gonna paint her a picture, could you send mommy a present? I want her to be really really happy!"

  "Okay baby, I promise. How about I text or call you later okay? Auntie Vel has to get back to work."

  "Oakie dokie!"

I smile and end the call before sitting back in the my chair, JJ and Reid now present along with a woman I've seen but never really met.

  "Who was that?" Morgan asks sipping from his cup.

"That was Cassie, she's the daughter of one of my friends. She calls me auntie Vel or ' Titi ' sometimes. She called about her mom's birthday."

      "Well someone sounds great with kids!" Garcia says, moving her eyebrows at me.

  Ignoring her I decide to introduce myself to the woman next to her.

  "Hi, I'm agent Walker." I say extending a hand.

  She looks up and smiles, shaking it.

  "Melody Danvers, everyone calls me Melody."

   "So Melody, what do you do?"

"I do what Garcia does, but for a different department. She asked for some extra help today to I agreed."

  "You can thank me for the job."

"Oh shove it, Morgan. Derek here is my cousin, surprising I know. But we grew up more like siblings so that's why he thinks he can pick on me so much."

   I smile as Elle finally arrives and JJ stands to explain our current case. The meeting goes over smoothly, another sexual sadist, running wild waiting to be caught by yours truly. He managed to kill four early twenties college girls in Killeen, Texas and doesn't seem to be slowing down.