Chapter 11

After taking a cold shower, Vel walks out to the living room where Anubis sits, dinner on the coffee in front of her. Letting a smile spread on her face, she sits down next to Anubis who gives her a glass of wine and a look that says she wants all the information. Sighing she sets down the glass and turns more to face her sister.

"Okay so, the farmland killer escaped and I of course don't want to let that go, she needs to be caught, but we were pulled from the case for lack of evidence and we had already gotten three extended days so we needed to come back. I was trying to talk to Hotchner and explain that we can't just let it go, but he blew up on me."

"Morgan said you cussed at him."

"Okay I said bullshit, but Morgan does all the time!"

"Hun he's worked their longer."

" I don't care, it's shouldn't be that way!" She sighs sipping her drink. " I know that I shouldn't have talked to him like that, but I can't just let this go, Ani. The killer can't get away."

"I know you're gonna hate this, but you have to let it go babe. If your superiors are saying drop it, that's what has to be done. You've worked so hard to get here, don't throw it away over one killer."

Although she didn't like her answer, Vel knew her sister was right and she had to let it go. So they sat back and ate dinner, laughing along to some terribly funny episode of a soap opera, until they finished and both got up to clean the dishes. Halfway through throwing water on each other, Vel's phone lights up. Turning to ignore it, Anubis pushes her to answer, just incase it's important, even though Vel wasn't in the mood to speak to Aaron at the moment. He gets to see her boobs,then treats her like this?

"Answer it Vel!"

"No!"

"Why not?!"

"He suspended me AND used my full first name!"

"Fine then." Before Vel could protest, Anubis had already grabbed the phone and pressed the answer key.

"Oh hey, Hotch! Yeah she's right here let me pass the phone." Throwing daggers with a look, Vel snatches the phone and puts it to her ear, Anubis already turning back to finish the dishes.

"Walker."

"Agent Walker, I called to apologise for the way I acted. I know this is your first cold case, but you can not act like that in the office. I know the others have, and because if that I can't risk you pulling that stunt too. If the board gets wind of it they could and would fire you on the spot for disobedience. You are a fresh agent and pulling that doesn't show them how good you are for this team. So I have decided to cut your suspension for two days, you may return Monday morning." She goes to thank him but hears a quiet argument on the other side so she waits. "And uh, Mel wanted me to tell you the team is having dinner at her place on Saturday and you need to be there, casual attire, and to bring Anubis as well."

"Thank you Sir, I know I stepped out of line, it won't happen again Hotchner, goodbye." She hangs up and throws another glare at Anubis, waiting to hear what the call was about.

"I can go back to work Monday so I have the next two days off still, and Saturday is dinner at Mel's."

"Oh yay! I can't wait I hear she's a great cook!" Rolling her eyes, Vel makes her way back to her room to grab some supplies, her and Anubis deciding to paint some jean shorts and plain sweaters.

______________

Saturday rolls around and Vel slips on the black jeans shorts she painted, the back pockets honeycombs and bees, the bottom of the shorts frayed and a little shorter than she usually wears. Snatching a random shirt from her dresser she slips on the red tank top, moving to Anubis, room. She sits on her bed in the shorts she painted, the same style as Vel's, only with Egyptian symbols on the pockets. She wore a baggy t-shirt she stole from Morgan during the pool party and her slip ons, calling Vel over to braid her hair.