Exploring Her Old Home - 3

I couldn't find any good pictures of Bob Sheldon so this is what I found that'll do well for now. Enjoy.^

________5:34 PM_______

"Exploring here is so fun. Fun for everyone, if not then your life is done." Saturday sung to herself quietly, walking around her neighborhood and to a place where she always went...the football field behind the high school she was going to attend not even in a few days—more like tomorrow. It would be a long walk, so she figured she ought to go to the gas station to get a drink.

"Exploring here is so fun. Fun for everyone, and if I'm wrong then this'll be dumb." Saturday looked around at her surroundings, she was out of the ratchet neighborhood and somewhere that looked like a street full of little stores and such, "Oh this looks nice, got nicer here ever since I left, how fortunate." She looked to the other side of the road, where there was a sidewalk full of people talking. And next to them, a lamppost. She thought of them as strange, no normal people were really out at this time, because the Greasers and Socs liked to be out hanging and playing around with each other. But, they still had their separate ways, at times they usually didn't interfere with each other unless one was on another's "territory".

She snickered at the memory of being separated by class and riches, "Do they still do that? It's only been five years and I haven't seen any of those Socs yet." She looks around alarmingly, seeing if there was any sign of rivarly around, ex; some Greasers and socs that she grew up around, which she didn't chose to remember once she left Tulsa at 13. "Ok, I think we're good now no one getting jumped, yet."

Everyone worked strangely around here. She knew exactly how--too.

********

"Maybe I should get a coke, or a sprite? Or a...uh.." She looked in the freezer, holding the door open so she could feel the fresh gust of cold air blasting on her already freezing face. "Maybe a Fanta. Those are fuckin' good." She grabbed the Fanta, walking up to the cashier looking around seeeing if she wanted anything else to grab. "Nope, nothing else."

"Is this all, kid?" The cashier asks, looking straight at Saturday then back at the cash register. Saturday nods, and avoids eye contact with the cashier..she didn't like eye contact with people, she thought it was awkward. "Yeah this is it."

"You look familiar." The cashier (who was presumed to be a boy) just had to make more conversation, but Saturday still didn't want to take a look at him, it was quite strange what he said. "Did you live here before? I really have a feeling you did." She perked her head up, a little shocked, then got a good look at the boy, who seemed about a year older than her. He had these blue eyes that stared into her soul, and this greased brown hair, he looked as if he's had many girls fall for him, so he didn't mind the staring.

"What's your name?" She opens her mouth, but he says, "Oh! And here is your drink." He handed her the drink, she took it from him, now looking straight at him-scanning his features. "I'm Saturday. Saturday Simiones." She said, grabbing her drink and stopped scanning his features.

"Oh, you must be that girl that used to live here about 4 years ago?" Saturday perked her head up again, seeing him lean up against the counter. "How-? Are people still talking about me here?" "I know who you are, you lived next door to us for 13 years!" He took off his hat, swaying his hair a little bit to the side.

"Wait.." She thought for a second, and almost dropped her Fanta once she saw him turn to the side, showing her what she mostly saw throughout her childhood.

"Soda! Oh my gosh!" She jumps over the counter to give him a hug, he immediately hugs her back, squeezing her tight. Feeling like one of her Mom's hugs, she sniffles on to his shoulder. "-Oh my gosh! You don't know how much I've missed you, Soda! Ah!" She let go, getting off of the counter, "I didn't recognize you at first, you've grown!" She scanned over his facial features again, and boy, has he got hot!

"Yeah it's me, Saturday. No need to get all flushed and all that." She felt her face, it was clearly burning up from the embarrassment from his current statement.

"But it's been five years!" She slaps his chest lightly, "You look simply divine."

"And you've clearly gone through your puberty right." She doesn't notice,but he moves his eyes up and down her body, stopping at her face which was turned in another direction, looking out the window. "Wanna get out of here, Saturday? Go say hi to Darry and Pony?"

"Oh my gosh!" She instantly turns her head towards Soda, "I need to see them, let's go see them now." She holds on to his work shirt, moving him back and forth.

"Ok, ok!" He laughs, she lets go, then he looks at the clock, "My shift ends in a few minutes, just let me get my stuff then we can go, Saturday." He does a few things, goes to talk to a guy in the break room, then comes back out with a bag of stuff.

"Ok. Let's go say hi to my brothers." Soda swings the bag over his shoulder, so his hands are free.

"Hooray!" Exclaimed Saturday, she grabbed his hand then lead him out the door in a quick pace.

And they headed off.