Running Into Him - 4

££££££££££££££££

They've been walking for about three minutes. Soda was keeping watch around the area, then Saturday had been distracted with the area, watching all the good instead of the bad that awaits ahead.

She looked at a park nearby, it had been repainted. It wasn't rusty with the paint falling off that would cut your hands every time you tried playing on it, that's Saturday's childhood for you. Hand-ripping playground equipment. FuN.

She sighed, triggering Soda to look at her. "Everything got so clean and pretty ever since I left, how have you guys managed not ruining this place?" She asked, looking up at the buildings and many different businesses scattered along the area.

Soda grabbed her hand unexpectedly. "That's because all us kids grew up, there's not that much kids anymore to mess up the place, our mess was fixed, then we never made one again." He said, tightening his squeeze.

"Oh wow," she was...bewildered. These people live in Oklahoma, what else is there to do besides have kids? "why is there not much little kids running around here to mess everything up?"

Soda immediately knew the answer to this. "A lot of seniors were getting pregnant," Saturday's eyes widened, oh—so I guess there was whores here who spent their days getting pregnant, "but they all got sent off somewhere by their folks either to get rid of them or something else...don't know what thought." He continued, this just made Saturday wonder if she ever got pregnant before 18, would her Mom send her off to another state? "Ah, I hope my Mom never sends me off."

"What do you mean send you off?" Saturday raised an eyebrow at him, I mean..it was obvious. Saturday wasn't the best behaved and more crazy than both her sisters Mary and Sandra combined—that was also a side she never showed her Mom, only Soda and his brothers knew this. Also, her closest friends tend to know what intentions Saturday has, they weren't always good ones. "Wait...do you-?"

She gasped! "Soda. I don't plan on getting pregnant, idiot, do you think I'm a whore!?" She joked, it's obvious, but Soda wasn't taking any sort of 'messages' today, I'm guessing.

"Oh! No, you're not a whore." He blushed faster than you can say 'Apple fritters', "I guess you never changed your irresponsible ways, Saturday." He chuckled then elbowed her quickly, then got right back to holding her hand. "What do you need to protect my hand for, I think she's doing fine without your suffocating one, Soda." They walked to a area with a lot of people walking outside, playing and such, he just chuckled then let it go, "Fine. Whatever you say, I wont suffocate your hand anymore, meanie head." He continued to walk, but this time at a faster pace rather than their matching pace they just had. Saturday ended up triggered-

"Thanks, I'd rather you just hold it gently, though." She grabbed his hand back, but her grip on his was lighter, and her hand overall felt softer than his one that just got done with a 8-hour shift. "Guess you can't resist me, huh?" He laughed. It's a joke. Come on, take a joke, Saturday you slut. I mean--smut. no, there's no smut here, Jeremy go home please your Mom and Dad are arguing and it's always because of you, Jeremy- shut the fuck up Jeremy stop crying. Oh, you made the kid cry- wow. Go home, Jeremy, seriously you twat.

"Hm, I'm guessing I really can't, Curtis." She nudged him in the ribs, looking ahead at a group of kids in Madras, their hair wasn't slicked. it was immediate trouble, but Soda and Saturday were too busy chuckling to themselves and looking each other heartfully in each other's eyes, Saturday only noticed for a second, but forget once she held Soda's hand again.

Soon enough, once talking about all the changes in Tulsa, they were passing by the group...of Socs.

"Cherry, I swear I didn't touch her, she literally touched me first-I'm not that perverted!" One of them yelled a little too loud...loud enough for both of them peek a little at the group, quietly cussing out themselves in their minds, every life choice has now lead to this—Socs were fucking annoying. But, something else differed from Soda's mind, and that was Saturday's own mind.

"I swear to Jesus...where have I heard that voice before?" As they got closer to the group, Soda immediately eyed some of them, Saturday just looked down—she didn't like eye contact, as I might've said before.

"Hey! Isn't that Sodapop Curtis?" Sodapop hissed then bit his lip, rubbing Saturday's hand, then letting it go. Signing that, they were about to get in a shitload of trouble. "Fuck! It's my first day back, what the hell!" Saturday thought, and rolled her eyes.

"Bob, not now, I'm with my friend." Soda sighed, rolling his own eyes.

'Bob' chuckled, "So that's an excuse not to jump your ass? Don't make me laugh, Soda." The voice, it made Saturday wonder harder, wonder so hard that it made her get a migraine-

Something sparked in her mind, but she knew it wasn't the final answer. "Wait a second did you just say Bob-"

Before she could finish asking Soda, the guy's footsteps moved towards them by a few steps, scaring them both. "Fucking turn around you pussy! Show me your face, Soda!" His voice boomed in their ears

Soda swung himself around, facing Bob and holding his hands out as if he was just accused of a crime he didn't do.  "Fine you little bitch! Saturday, turn around so the dude can finally leave us alone!" He crosses his arms, looking at Saturday sim pathetically for a second, then brought his stern face to look back at Bob.

"Wait did you just say Saturday?" His girlfriend, who was by standing, raised an eyebrow, "Saturday?" She fixed her shirt and skirt, "Who's that, Bob?" She gave him a look, but he just shook his head as if he didn't remember saying that.

Saturday finally turned around, moving her hair behind her ear, as a reflex.

She smiled sweetly at everyone, "Bob Sheldon, well look who it is?" She instantly internally face palmed herself, she chose not to look at Bob, he was probably speechless right now, and Cherry was probably criticizing him mentally for doing so. Or, he was confused on how she said that last sentence.

"I think you mixed up the order on how you said that, Saturday." Soda chuckled, scratching the back of his neck, looking at her stern expression towards Bob Sheldon and Cherry...and like, eight other Socs who were by standing.

Bob shook his head, "Saturday, holy fuck..."