The Drive-In Brawl PT. 1 - 13

~

um I screenshot at the best times ^

I am best photographer 😎

Word count : 88888888

+There's totally no violence at this at all—I promise 😌

unedited.

- The Drive-In Theater - 8:23 P.M -

"I'll be fine. Everything will be fine. It's just a movie, you're fine." She whispers to herself, crawling under the chain link fence, right behind Ponyboy and Sodapop.

As she dusted herself off, Sodapop walked next to her as she look around at the outdoor theater that stood before her. Paranoid. "What are you mumbling on about, pretty girl?" He asks, "you've been tense as hell ever since we asked you to come with us, what gives?"

She keeps looking forward, biting her lip and fiddling with her jacket zipper. "One, I've never been to a drive-in theater," she said, lifting a finger up, "Secondly, my name is Saturday and you call me Saturday, no other name." She then walks forward, anxiously looking for a few empty seats.

Sodapop just put his hands up in defense, yelling, "oooooh!" First, then he said "Don't be all feisty, what's got you all tensed up?" He asked her, he ran in front of her then started walking backwards to face her.

She just rolled her eyes, "Nothing. I haven't been to a place like this, it looks dangerous." Sodapop moves back to her side, then he put  his arm around her shoulders, "How many times have you been here?" She asked him, not minding that he was touching her.

"Too many times to count. I mean, so has Pony." He looks at Pony, who was walking on the other side of Saturday, "Right, buddy?" He asks him, raising an eyebrow at his silence.

Ponyboy kept his head down, "Yeah. I've been here a lot, no need to worry, or whatever." He said in a tired-like voice, both Saturday and Soda were confused by Pony's lack of emotion.

Sodapop then cleared his throat, "what's got you down in the blues?" He asks his brother,

"Nothing." Ponyboy confuses Saturday, so she decides to just ignore it for now and focus on her anxiety, "Can we just go and find seats?" He finishes, still looking straight at the ground.

Sodapop just smiles, seeing this as a phase, "Ok Pony. But if I see you crying later," he points at Ponyboy, "I'm not gonna ask why."

Pony just smiles, and looks at Soda for a quick second. "Sure buddy, whatever you say." He says back, stuffing his hands into his jeans pockets.

"This is all fine. I'm fine. I'm with Soda," Saturday continues on mumbling to herself, ignoring what everyone else was saying, "I'm ok, Saturday, you're ok."

She heard someone scoff, "Saturday, can you get us drinks?" Soda's voice screamed 'I'm annoyed', as he looked at her. "I'm taking it you need to get some fresh air by yourself."

"Soda-!" She yells at him, "I don't need air! I'm fine!" She crosses her arms, then turns her head away from Soda.

He then proceeds to move his head so he could try and see her, "I know you're fine, you said that 50 times already." He smiles. "But I still think you should take a walk." He grabs her shoulder,