Chapter 2 "The Festival"

Mako led me to the temple and I let out a sigh as Tenzin came out with Bumi. Bumi's face was full of worry and he had a blanket in his hand, that he quickly wrapped around me.

"It happened again." Mako said softly.

Tenzin nodded his head and watched as Bumi helped me inside. Bumi helped me sit down and Tenzin walked over to me with a cup of tea.

"Here, drink this. It will calm you." He said softly.

I gently cradled the cup in my hand and took a small sip of it before moving the cup away and looking at the tea. Bumi gently squeezed my shoulder and the cup fell from my hands and I let out a sob as I covered my face.

"It's okay, Amon is gone, he can't hurt you." Bumi said as he hugged me.

"I keep seeing him, every day... I see him... I hear him... I can't get him out of my head." I said as I cried into his shoulder.

"It takes time... what you went through.... no one should have to go through that." Tenzin said as Bumi kept me in his arms.

I pulled away and whipped my eyes.

"I don't know if I should go to the festival... what if I hurt someone? Or-"

"Akari... it will be fine. I swear. I will be with you the whole time." Bumi said cutting me off.

I nodded my head and he gently squeezed my hand.

"Everything will be fine." I whispered to myself.

It wasn't long before we left and I set beside Bumi the whole trip. Thankfully Jinora and the others kept me busy with games of I spy.

"I spy something blue!" Meelo exclaimed.

"Is it water?" I asked with a sigh.

"Yes! How do you keep knowing that? Can you read minds?"

"No Meelo... we seriously are flying over water... it's the only thing out here." I said as I laid my head onto Bumi's lap.

"Save me." I mouthed.

Bumi let out a laugh and shook his head. We soon arrived and I helped Pema off.

"Gran Gran!" The kids yelled.

I turned and smiled as I saw them run up to Katara and hug her waist.

"Oh ... you've all gotten so big." Katara said with a laugh.

Jinora pulled away and turned to look at the woman beside Katara.

"We missed you, Aunt Kya." Jinora said as she hugged her.

"Ohh, I missed you, too. Your father doesn't bring you to visit nearly enough. He's probably scared I'll beat him up like when we were kids." Kya said as she hit his shoulder.

"I'm not scared of you ... anymore." Tenzin said with a frown as he rubbed his arm.

Katara turned to look at me and I gently rubbed my arm as I looked at the ground. I felt a hand gently take mine and looked up to see her smiling at me.

"It's good to see you again." She said softly.

I smiled softly and gently hugged her. I pulled away and turned to see Korra talking to her father with Mako. I held my breath as he turned and spotted me. His smile disappeared and he had a frown on his face. Korra turned to see who he was looking at and when she saw it was me a frown of her own appeared and she turned to look at her father. I slowly walked up to them and stopped a few feet away.

"Hello Tonraq." I said softly.

I looked at the ground and he let out a sigh.

"It's good to see you Kari." Senna said nudging her husband.

"Yea." He said with a frown.

"Is my father here?" I asked softly.

"I'm sorry, he had business. He will be here later." Senna said softly.

"I see." I said as I looked at the ground.

I knew the real reason he wasn't greeting us, but I knew no one would say it out loud.

"Wow! Look at all these people that came out to greet us." Bolin said as he walked up to me.

"Uh, no. They came to greet them." Korra said as she pointed to the ship.

"The great chief of the Northern Water Tribe comes to grace us with his presence. Hooray." Tonraq said sarcastically.

"Just relax, Tonraq, he'll be gone soon enough." Senna said softly.

I saw the ship dock and crossed my arms over my chest as they got off.

"Whoa! Who are the lovely ladies?" Bolin asked happily.

"That's Eska and Desna, the chief's children. Desna is a guy." Korra said as I held back a laugh.

"Oh, no, sure, I knew that. Uhhh ... and which one is Desna?" Bolin asked softly.

I watched as they walked up to us and I internally groaned as Unalaq bowed his head to Korra.

"Good to see you again, Avatar Korra." Unalaq said softly.

"Good to see you too." Korra said as she bowed her head.

"Tonraq." Unalaq said as he looked at him with a glare.

"Brother." Tonraq said angrily.

Unalaq turned his head and sent me a glare.

"And I see the traitor is here." Unalaq said as he looked down at me.

"This traitor has a name, Chief Unalaq. And it is Akari, daughter of Chief Koda." I growled out.

"Koda still claims you? He is more foolish then I thought." He said as he walked past me.

I let out a sigh and Korra gently touched my shoulder.

"Don't let him get to you." She said softly.

"Never would of dreamed of it." I said as I rolled my eyes.