Chapter 7 "Truths"

Soon Tenzin returned with Ikki and I smiled as Pema ran up and hugged her.

"Sweetie! You're okay! Oh! I was so worried! Do you have something you wanna say to your sister?" Pema asked both Meelo and Jinora.

"Ikki, I'm glad you're back." Meelo said as he looked at the ground.

"Yeah, sorry we made fun of you." Jinora said softly.

"Thanks. Wanna play airball?" Ikki asked with a smile.

"Sure!" Jinora said happily.

"Yeah!" Meelo exclaimed as he took off.

I shook my head and let out a sigh as I watched them speed away.

"I wanted to apologize for how I acted yesterday. I've worked so hard to celebrate Dad's legacy that I may have overlooked the parts of him that were less than ideal." Tenzin said as he walked over to Kya and Bumi.

"And we're sorry for dumping our frustrations with Dad out on you." Kya said softly.

"Yeah, you didn't deserve that." Bumi said as he patted his shoulder.

"I thought you two might wanna see this." Kya said as she pulled out a picture.

"Mom gave it to me before we left." She explained.

"That is one good-looking family, huh?" Bumi said with a chuckle.

"That's one happy family." Tenzin said softly.

"Yea... oh and we have to have a discussion with Lin when we get back." Bumi said as he looked up at Tenzin.

"Why?"

"Koda isn't Akari's father, and now she has been banished from the Water Tribes."

"What!" Pema yelled as her face got red.

I saw Tenzin look at Bumi shock before looking at me.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Tenzin asked as he walked up to me.

"I... was scared." I said as I looked away.

"Why?" He asked softly.

"Because that.. that means we aren't family." I said as I looked away.

"Blood doesn't make a person family, it's the memories and the love we have. Just because you aren't our cousin, it doesn't mean we don't love you." Kya said as she pulled me into a hug.

"Yea, that and who knows seeing as she isn't Koda's she could be Tenzin's daughter." Bumi said with a laugh.

I saw Tenzin's eyes go wide and I turned and looked at him shocked. I saw both Pema and Kya freeze up and then Bumi looked around with a frown.

"What?" He asked softly.

"There is no way I could be Tenzin's daughter... is there?" I asked as I looked at him.

"No... there.. you... well... no... it's.. I would of known if she was my daughter!" Tenzin snapped as everyone looked at him.

"Well... she does remind me of you... and.. well she is an airbender." Kya said as she put her hand under her chin.

"But... she can't be! I..."

"He can't be he was never with my mother and around that time he was engaged to Pema." I said softly.

I saw Pena's eyes go wide and she bit her lip.

"Actually... around that time I had broken up with your mother." Tenzin said as he looked away from me.

"You and my mother dated!"

My eyes went wide and he scratched the back of his head.

"I hadn't thought about it... but.. it is possible." Tenzin said softly.

"So you still could be family! Hey that would make her my niece! No wonder we are so close!" Bumi exclaimed as he pulled me to his side.

"I.. need air." I said as pulled away from him and walked away.

I let out a sigh as I hung over the edge of the platform and looked at the sky.

"Would it be bad to be our sister?" A voice asked.

I turned and saw Jinora behind me.

"No... I would love to be your sister... just.. Kanna and Lao... I.. I don't know how they feel about all of this. I haven't got a chance to speak to them." I said as she set beside me.

"That isn't all is it?"

"I'm still trying to figure everything out. I still can't believe that the man I thought was my father isn't and... well that Tenzin could be my father. I never thought that Tenzin could be my father... I mean... I just.. I don't know." I said as I shook my head.

"Well no matter what... you will always be like my sister." Jinora said as she hugged me.

"And you will always be like my annoying sister." I said as I hugged her.

"So has dad taught you anything yet?" She asked as she pulled away.

"Nothing." I said with a laugh.

She smiled and forced me to stand and follow her. Soon she was showing me a few moves.

"So how do you guys do that ball thing?" I asked after awhile.

"Like this." She said as she made a spire.

She jumped onto it and I did exactly what she did and fell off.

"You have to balance on it." She said with a laugh.

I nodded my head and tried again, this time I was able to sit on it.

"Want to race?" Jinora asked with a laugh.

"Don't cry if I beat you." I said with a laugh.

We sped off and I smiled as I chased after her. We passed Pema and I let out a laugh as she shook her head. I felt the wind blow my hair and smiled as I closed my eyes. When I opened them I saw Tenzin and Bumi talking to Kya. We sped past them and I felt their eyes on us.

"Go Kari!" Bumi cheered.

I passed Jinora and laughed as I stopped at the door and jumped off and landed on my feet.

"And the winner is Kari!" Bumi yelled as he threw his hands up.

I bowed my head and Jinora let out a laugh.

"Akari! We can start your training tomorrow!" Tenzin yelled.

I smiled and nodded my head.