Chapter 12 "Harmonic Convergence"

I heard something calling to me and felt my feet move on their own. I soon found myself at the portal and stopped as I saw Mako and Bolin fighting Unalaq and his children.

"Kari! Help!" Bolin yelled as he dodged another attack.

I walked past him and into the spirit world. I heard him yell my name, but I couldn't stop myself as I left him. I walked inside and saw Korra in front of a tree. She turned around and let out a sigh of relief upon seeing me.

"Kari, I'm so glad you are here." Korra said with a smile.

I stopped and felt something control my hands, and before I could stop myself I threw Korra back against the tree.

"Kari! What are you doing!" Korra yelled as I kept her pinned by the veins.

"Fulfilling her destiny." Vaatu said as I walked up to him.

I moved my hand to the tree and he let out a laugh as I released him. The last thing I heard before I was stuck in darkness was Korra yelling my name. I froze as I looked around and saw that I was alone.

"No." I whispered as my eyes went wide.

"Oh yes, I have won." Vaatu said happily.

"Why me!" I yelled as I looked around.

"Because Unalaq was weak. His body couldn't hold me."

"How can I! I'm a nobody!"

"Oh but you are someone, you were born for this... this destiny. Your parents had you just so you could do this."

"Do what?"

"Kill the avatar."

I let out a gasp and covered my mouth. I quickly looked around and looked for a way out. I saw a mirror and my heart stopped as I saw that I, no Vaatu, was fighting Korra.

"Stop! Don't hurt them!" I yelled as I banged on the mirror.

"You can't help them, you're a nobody." Vaatu said as he kept attacking her.

I soon saw Unalaq come into view and I held my breath as he yelled at Vaatu.

"No! I was suppose to be the Dark avatar! Not that girl!" Unalaq yelled.

"You have fulfilled your job, you have given me my vessel."

"No! She isn't worth-"

Unalaq was cut off by a metal blade going through his chest. I closed my eyes and quickly looked away. When I finally looked back it was because I heard Korra.

"Kari! I know you are in there! You have to come back!" She yelled.

"Kari is gone! All that is left is me!"

"Akari! Fight him! Please!" Mako yelled as he fought along side Bolin and Korra.

I saw him slam Korra on the ground and tear Raava from Korra.

"No! Don't hurt her!" I yelled through tears.

My head hit the mirror and I let out a sob. I could feel my heart shattering and I could do nothing. I felt so helpless, so powerless. I had gotten rid of Amon from my mind, and finally thought I was gaining my freedom back, and yet this spirit was able to take all of it away.

"Kari I love you!" A voice yelled.

My head snapped up and I looked up to see Bolin in front of Raava and Korra.

"I love you! And I have since we met! I love you and I... I know you can beat this! You're the strongest woman alive and that's why I love you!" Bolin yelled.

I felt tears stream down my face as he went to attack Bolin, I slammed my hands onto the mirror and let out a scream. I felt my body freeze up and looked up to see that Vaatu had stopped moving. I backed up and looked at the mirror in shock as I saw a small crack coming from the center.

"How? You're a nobody!" Vaatu yelled.

"No! I'm not a nobody! I'm Kari! Best friend of the avatar and you have no control of me!" I yelled as I slammed my hands on the glass.

The glass shattered and everything became clear. I backed away and turned to look at Korra.

"Ko...Korra..." I whispered as tears streamed down my face.

She looked at me shocked and I quickly rushed up to her.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry I tried to stop him! I-"

She cut me off by pulled me into a hug.

"I thought I lost you." She whispered as she hugged me tightly.

I let out a sob as I hugged her tightly.

"Raava." Korra said as she stood up and walked over to her.

"You did what I knew you could." Raava said softly.

"What did I do?" I asked as I stood up.

"You turned Vaatu to light. You finally defeated him for me." She said softly.

"How did you know I could do it?"

"Because you are the Avatar's friend." She said softly.

"No, I'm her sister... might not be by blood, but I am." I said as I sent Korra a smile.

Korra nodded her head and I watched as she reconnected with Raava. I soon turned my head and smiled as I saw Bolin. I quickly ran up to him and hugged him.

"I thought we lost you there for a second." Bolin said as he hugged me tighter.

"You could never lose me." I whispered as I hid my face in his shoulder.

"So.. could you hear everything we said?" Bolin asked softly.

A frown appeared on my face and I pulled away from him.

"I don't actually remember much from being trapped, why?" I asked with a frown.

"No reason." He said before pulling me into another hug.