Chapter 11 "Jinora"

When I made it back I learned that Unalaq had Jinora's spirit. We quickly made our way to Republic City and I felt powerless as I remembered Vaatu's words. We soon landed and I smiled upon seeing Bolin and Asami.

"President Raiko!" Korra yelled.

"Avatar Korra? What's wrong?" Raiko asked as he looked at us.

"Sir, I know I've asked for your help before, but things have changed. Unalaq doesn't just wanna take over the South anymore. He wants to destroy the whole world." Korra explained.

"Unalaq is going to destroy the world? He really does have a doomsday device?" Bolin asked shocked.

"He's trying to release a powerful dark spirit during Harmonic Convergence, which is only a few days away. If he succeeds, the world as we know it, is over. Sir, we desperately need your help." Korra said softly.

"I'm sorry, Korra, but my answer is still no." Raiko said as he looked away.

"There are lives on the line! And my daughter is one of them! Raiko, you must reconsider!" Tenzin snapped.

"I'm aware that lives are on the line. And that's precisely why my troops are staying here. If the world is going to be thrown into chaos as you claim, I need to protect my citizens. I'm sorry."

"Sir, Nuktuk needs your help. I know you love helping people." Bolin said softly.

"Son, I appreciate you saving my life and I'm a big fan of your work, but my decision is final." He said as he went to walk away.

I quickly grabbed his shirt and slammed him against the wall.

"Listen to me you piece of filth! My cousin's life is in danger! My people's lives are in danger and you are going to do nothing! You are a no good coward!" I yelled as I glared at him.

"Good feel the anger." A voice whispered.

I froze and he pulled away from me and quickly took off.

"Never should have saved that guy." Bolin said with a groan.

"If you guys need help, I'm here for you." Asami said softly.

"Yeah, me too."

"Thank you. It's so good to see you guys again. Wait. Where's Mako?" Korra asked as she looked around.

"Jail."

I looked at my hands and felt a hand on my shoulder.

"You okay?" Bolin asked softly.

"I'm fine, stop worrying about me!" I snapped.

He looked at me shocked and I let out a sigh.

"I... I'm sorry I didn't-"

"It's okay." He said as he pulled me into a hug.

I let out a sigh of relief and gently hugged him back.

"I'm no longer seeing him." I whispered.

"That's great!" He exclaimed as he pulled away.

"I think... I'm finally moving on from him. Finally realizing it wasn't my fault." I said softly.

"It wasn't." He said as he gently took my hands and squeezed them.

I nodded my head and he pulled me into another tight embrace.

"Now I have to go break Mako out of jail." He said as he pulled away.

I let out a laugh and smiled as he left with Asami and Korra. I wrapped my arms around myself and watched them leave.

"Hey you got a little... angry back there." Bumi said as he walked up to me.

"I'm just worried about Jinora." I said softly.

He nodded his head and left it at that. After they got done talking we got ready to leave for the Southern water tribe. When we arrived I saw Senna waiting for us. I smiled as Korra quickly ran up to her.

"Mom!" Korra exclaimed.

"I'm so happy you're here." Senna said as she hugged her tightly.

"Where's dad?" Korra asked as she pulled away from her.

"Unalaq wiped out the entire southern resistance, and captured your father." Senna said softly.

"I'll get him back."

"Senna, is my father here?" I asked softly.

"No, Unalaq has him too. I'm sorry." She said softly.

I nodded my head and looked away.

"Where is my mother?" Tenzin asked as he walked up to us carrying Jinora.

"She's in the healing hut. So many injured." She said as she looked at the hut.

We quickly made our way to Katara and I let out a sigh as I wrapped my arms around myself and listened to their conversation.

"What happened?" Katara asked as she looked at Tenzin.

"Her soul is trapped in the Spirit World." Tenzin explained.

"Oh my goodness! How long has she been away?" Katara asked on shock.

"Almost a week. I've tried to keep her energy flowing, but I can feel her slipping away. You're the only one who can help her now mom." Kya said softly.

Tenzin took Jinora inside and I let out a sigh. They soon made a plan and everyone got ready to go.

"Aren't you coming?" Korra asked as she turned to look at me.

"I'm going to help the people here, I.. I don't think I'll be much help. Not with.. how my head is." I said softly.

She nodded her head and turned and walked out of the hut. I bit my lip and turned to look at Jinora's lifeless body.

"They will save you... I promise." I whispered as I gently held her hand.