Chapter 3

It had been about two years now. Two years of you being stuck with Zukos occasional temper tantrums as well as some arguments between the two of you. Right now though, you rubbed your arms up and down and would puff out small puffs of flames to try and keep yourself warm in the ice cold of the South Pole. You watched out into the water as the ship sailed past Ice burgs at a steady pace. Zuko was a few feet away from you training with some guards. "(Y/n). Why not help me train?" Zuko asked you after he was done dealing with the guards. You let out a larger huff of fire and turned to send a glare to him.

"I will once Iroh gives the okay. Plus I'm pretty sure you ordered me to keep an eye out for the Avatar." You replied and moved your gaze out to the water once again. You could feel Zuko glare at you. He took a deep breath and sent flames your way causing you to narrowly dodge it. You snapped your head to him. Eyes wide and wild with rage. "You did NOT just do that..." You hissed. You clenched your gloved fist and allowed flames to engulf them. You huffed out a flame again. Flickers of blue in them. "Fine... If it's a fight you want... Then it's a fight you'll get." You hissed and rushed after him with your hands engulfed in your flames. He blocked your attack, golden eyes wide with shock. He pushed you back but you landed on your feet. You've watched the way Zuko fought several times and since then, you've been able to tell that he keeps himself grounded like a fire bender should but it's almost like an Earth Bender too. So you figured you would go light on your feet.

"This isn't what I meant!" Zuko exclaimed to you. Hoping to dilute the situation.

"Probably should have thought about that before attacking me." You growled before rushing at him again. He sent an attack your way but you jumped over it, crouched down and kicked a flame towards him. You stood up and rolled up your sleeves despite it being so cold "If it's training you want, then you'll get it. But I'm not going to go easy on you." Your chest heaved up and down. Your blood boiling with anger. Something you have built up having to be cooped up in the same space as Zuko for so long. It was also now that you realized Iroh came out and was watching you and Zuko duel it out. A few guards gathering as well.

Some flames colliding, some hits being landed on one or the other. But so far, you seemed to have the upper hand. Iroh stood there unsure on if he should stop the fight but you seemed to have done it for him with Zuko under your foot and his arm twisted causing him to grunt in pain. You leaned down towards his ear. "Next time..." You began and twisted his arm a bit more. "Don't. Underestimate me or cross me again." You casually dropped his arm and stepped over him to head to the kitchen to have some water. You rolled your sleeves back down to keep yourself warmed up.

"(Y/n)! Get out here!" Zuko called out for you. You let out a groan and practically slammed your cup down on the counter before stomping outside.

"What now?!" You exclaimed. But then froze when you saw the distress signal up in the sky. "What the..." You muttered and rushed closer to the end of the deck. Your eyes then landed on a distant figure flying in the sky towards a Water Tribe village.

"Change course to the Village! I think we found ourselves a lead..." Zuko called out to the the one steering the ship from beside you.

"You sure that's the Avatar?" You asked from beside him. Your time with him actually calm for the first time in quite some time.

"What else is able to just fly in the air?" Zuko asked sarcastically. You shot him a glare but let out a slight sigh of defeat.

"Fine. I guess you have me there. Let me know when we arrive. I'm curious to know what the Avatar looks like." And with that you turned on your heel and made it to your room to meditate for a moment before arriving at the village. Though within a few minutes, you felt the ship shake and rumble. Causing you to get up and rush outside. The village was coming in closer and closer by the second. But soon the ship came to a stop and you watched Zuko go down the ramp with a few guards. You watched from inside and watched as a Water Tribe boy rushed at Zuko with his face painted and his weapon high in the air. And of course, Zuko took him down easily and pushed him away. The boy got up quickly and a smaller one tossed him a spear which the older one caught and rushed at Zuko again only to have the prince snap the spear and poked him a few times. The boy then grabbed a boomerang and threw it at Zuko but he dodged it and glared at the water tribe boy and was about to attack him but Zuko got swept off his feet.