Chapter 10

"You guys are gonna be done soon right? We've got a lot of ground to cover if we're going to make it to Omashu today." Sokka spoke as he lazily floated on the water on a large leaf with Momo on top. Katara had been training Aang in this area you all found for a good amount of hours while you were just sun bathing peacefully.

"So what? Like you're ready to go now naked guy?" Katara asked with her hands on her hips.

"I can be ready in two minutes. Seriously. Whenever." You sat up and stretched.

"Mind if I join you two? I'd like to broaden my knowledge and learn more moves to incorporate with my fire bending." You asked them as you took a few steps in the water.

"Sure! I'd love to teach you!" Katara spoke enthusiastically. You smiled back at her.

"So you were showing me the octopus form?" Aang asked.

"Oh, right. Let me see your stance. (Y/n) you can copy him." You nodded at her words and Aang got in his stance. You raised a brow and waited to copy him especially since Kataras expression told you that something was off about it. She approached him and stepped behind him.

"Your arms are too far apart. She then grabbed his arms and moved them into place. "See if you move them close together like this, you protect your center. You got it?" She asked him. You could see Aangs cheeks flush

"Oh, yeah, thanks." Aang replied.

"Alright. Now show me what you got." Katara got into position. Ready for Aangs attack while you were working on copying the movements with Aang. You kept your distance while Katara flung icicles at Aang. Aang would use the water tenticles to grab them and throw them and even use them to deflect and break them. He snuck one around Kataras leg and grabbed it.

"You make a fine octopus, pupil Aang." Katara spoke proudly and you laughed and Aang dancing in a water octopus and flailing it's arms around. "What about you, (Y/n)? Did you figure out how to use the moves with your bending?"

"Hmm... Possibly. Let me see if I can try." You said and got on land. You modified the moves only slightly to adjust to your natural fire bending. You spun with your foot around you in the dirt to create a fire circle and moved your arms around to create flame like tenticles. You made them whip around and caused them to shoot out puffs of flames. You then out the fire out and smiled.

"Wow. I'm surprised that actually worked!" Katara exclaimed.

"Yeah! How'd you do that?" Aang asked you with excitement. You chuckled and rubbed the back of your neck.

"Well it started off more so as an experiment when I was younger. I was told stories about how great Avatar Roku was and was told how he mastered the elements. He inspired me to try and see if I could apply the rules of learning other bending but apply my fire bending to each type of it. I found Air Bending but with fire to be the easiest, Earth the second and water the hardest. But with enough practice I knew how to use them well enough. But not as good as how you learned the elements so far." You replied.

"Wow... You gotta teach me how to do that one day!" Aang exclaimed.

"I mean... I'm sure you can without my help. Besides, you still need to learn earth bending before you even get close to dabbling in fire bending." You replied with a raised brow. Though your conversation was cut short by a melody coming towards you all. Soon a small group of people arrived.

"Heyy! River people." The man who had sung and played a guitar spoke with chilled out tone and posture. You raised a brow.

"I'm sorry to disappoint, but we aren't river people." You replied and gestured to everyone else.