Chapter 16

You sat in your prison cell and stared at the wall blankly. Your heart ached and your mind raced with several thoughts at once. You still couldn't believe that Zuko had betrayed you. Especially after everything you've done for him and putting in so much hope into him. You lightly hit your head against the wall a few times before closing your eyes. "What did I do to deserve this?" You whispered to yourself as you ran a hand through your hair. The door to your cell opened and you didn't even need to look to know who it was. "...What do you want?" You asked in a snappy tone.

"You should have just stayed on our side. The side of your people." He spoke in an almost equally harsh tone. Your brows furrowed and you still refused to make eye contact.

"Oh and what? Allow the world to go to shit? I think I'll pass Zuko." You spoke sarcastically and turned your head away from him. He growled and slammed his fist against the bars as a scare tactic but you didn't budge.

"Shut your mouth! You don't know anything!" He yelled out. You let out a dry chuckle.

"Scare tactic and a threat? Wow you sure know how to charm someone."

"Gah you are so infuriating!" He yelled out. You stood up and finally turned to him. His angered expression softened slightly.

"Let me ask you this one last time... What do you want?" You asked in a low tone.

"I... I don't know! I don't know what I want!" He flung his fist down and puffs of fire came out his fist.

"Well I hope you're fucking happy with the outcome you achieved. I hope your happy getting the two people who supported you and followed you for so long after your banishment imprisoned. Now I suggest you leave before I lose my shit on you." You warned in a deadly tone. He growled and punched the wall with flames before exiting the prison cell. You scoffed and sat back down and tried to meditate peacefully to calm your nerves.

~~~

Zuko entered your cell again but this time was accompanied by Azula. You looked at the two of them with an emotionless expression. "What now?" You asked them. Not bothering to get up from your position.

"Oh come on now. Is that any way to talk to an old friend?" Azula asked and crossed her arms. "Look. I just miss having you around as our personal bodyguard and servant. So here's the deal. I will make you my bodyguard and servant just like old times and you'll be out of this stuffy cell. Or... You can stay in here and continue to rot just like our dear ol Uncle. After all, you're a traitor to the family and you did try and steal. So how about it?" She asked. You looked from her to Zuko. His expression may have been angry but something in his eyes told you that he had must of requested for you to come out. You then looked back to Azula.

"What's the catch if I accept being your bodyguard?" You asked her.

"Well this time you'll be payed more but if you go against any of us, you'll be thrown in jail or possibly executed." She replied nonchalantly. You glanced away and thought about it for a moment. If you were her bodyguard or servant. You'd have freedom. If you didn't accept, you'd be stuck here probably for the rest of your days. You sighed and turned to them.

"Fine. I'll do it." You finally agreed. You saw a spark of joy in Zukos features and a satisfied smirk with Azula.

"Good. Guards, let her out of her cell and help me escort her back to the palace with new clothes. Oh and have some servants run her a bath. She hasn't bathed in a few days." Azula ordered. The cell opened and guards tied your hands together and escorted you out. You met eyes with Zuko briefly and for a moment, thought you saw a flicker of guilt in his eyes. You tried to brush it off as you were escorted to your old room and brought to the bathroom to bathe. They left you be to sink into the water and wash yourself but you sunk into the water and it stopped just below your mouth. You hugged yourself lightly as your heart ached and twisted and you couldn't help but think of Zuko and wonder what that guilt in his eyes were. You sighed and got up to dry yourself and change into your new clothes.