Chapter 19

"I know you're nervous. But remember, Fire Bending in it of itself is not something to fear." Zuko instructed while you sat on the sidelines to watch and made sure everything went fine. Aang let out a sigh.

"Okay..." He muttered. "Not something to fear."

"And remember Aang. If you want a more relaxed teaching, I can try and teach you some of the things I know. But I can't promise you'll get it right away." You spoke softly to the young boy.

"But if you don't respect it... It will chew you up and spit you out like an angry kimono rhino!" Zuko exclaimed causing Aang to flinch.

"The point is to teach Aang. Not to intimidate the poor boy." You teased Zuko.

"Ah... Right. Aang, show me what you got. Any amount of fire you can make." The prince commanded. His tone still somewhat firm. Aang took a deep breath and pushed a hand out away from you and Zuko but only a puff of smoke came out. You and Zuko deadpanned.

"Maybe I need a little more instruction..." Aang muttered. "Perhaps a demonstration?" He asked looking up at Zuko and dropping his pout.

"That's a good idea. It will even help him work on his Fire Bending form." You suggested. Zuko nodded.

"Might want to take a few steps back." He instructed and Aang went over to stand by you to watch Zuko. He took a deep breath and even tried sending our a blast of fire bit it was small. Aang clapped for Zuko while you raised a brow in confusion. "What was that?! That was the worst Fire Bending I've ever seen!"

"Yeah... Your Fire Bending has never been like that." You trailed off.

"I thought it was... Nice." Aang said, being the optimist that he naturally is. Zuko tried doing it three more times but with the same result. He then turned to you.

"What about you? Why not give Aang a demonstration instead?" He asked.

"Alright. I'll give it a shot. Especially since I'm curious to know if my Fire Bending is all wonky too." You stood up from your seat and took Zuko's spot. Zuko walked over to Aang and you closed your eyes and took a deep breath before opening your eyes and trying to send a blast but you had the same result as Zuko. But yours was a little stronger. "Huh..." You trailed and tried again but same results. "Okay this is serious... We need to figure out what to do. There's no way our Bending can just presto, disappear."

"Maybe it's the altitude?" Aang suggested. You let out a shrug.

"Yeah... Could be." Zuko replied. The three of you moved to a spot that you'd all hoped would be better but you and Zuko still got the same results. You looked down at your hands.

"I seriously don't understand what's going on..." You muttered. Zuko tried one more time then groaned in frustration. Aang sat up.

"That one felt kinda hot." Aang spoke. Zuko shot his head towards Aang and sent a sharp glare.

"Don't patronize me! You know what it's supposed to look like!" He exclaimed.

"Sorry sifu hotman." Aang apologized.

"And stop calling me that!" You moved to Zuko and gently placed your hands on his chest.

"Zuko, breathe... You're not the only one who's frustrated over the fact that their bending is off. But just because we're frustrated, doesn't mean we take that out on Aang." You spoke softly.

"I'm sorry... You're right." He muttered. You kissed his cheek and pulled away from him and turned to the footsteps that came from Sokka as well as a crunch of him biting into an apple. He sat down a few feet away from you all.