Chapter 22

You sat back and watched as Zuko trained Aang to the bone. But while you watched, you could tell just how on edge Zuko is. "Who wants a nice cold glass of water melon juice?" Katara offered.

"Oh! Oh! Oh! Me!" Aang exclaimed and tried rushing over but Zuko grabbed him by the back of his shirt to stop him.

"Hey! Your lessons not over yet! Get back here!" Zuko exclaimed. You grabbed a glass of water melon juice and got up form your spot.

"Zuko relax. You've worked Aang hard enough as Is. I think it's time we take a well deserved break." You spoke as you approached them and handed Aang his water melon juice that he drank up happily once Zuko put him down.

"Fine." Zuko grumbled. "If you want to lounge around like a bunch of snail sloths all day, then go ahead!" He stormed off.

"Maybe Zuko's right. Lounging around the house has made us lazy. But I know just the way to lighten that up" Sokka spoke and basically tore off his clothes. "Beach party!!" He exclaimed. You playfully rolled your eyes.

"You guys go on ahead. I'll talk to Zuko." You assured. They nodded and you wondered off in the direction Zuko went in. You eventually caught up with him by a cliff side looking out to the beach and ocean crashing peacefully along the sand. You carefully hugged him from behind. "What's on your mind?" You asked softly.

"Nothing." He simply replied. You pulled away and moved beside him to look at him with a raised brow.

"Come on. We both know that's not true. What's really on your mind?" You urged gently. "Does this have anything to do with the play?" You added. You felt him tense from beside you and knew you had pushed the right button to figure him out.

"The ending. What if it's true. It's like Toph said-"

"Zuko we can't predict the future and I'm pretty sure a poorly written play isn't the best type of judgement to go off of." You interrupted him with an amused tone.

"But we can't be so sure of that! What if that's how this all ends?! We need to make sure the Avatar is prepared and he clearly isn't!" He exclaimed. You frowned at his words and he glanced back to the beach where the others were having their fun. "We can't stop training." And before you could protest any further, he blasted Sokkas sand sculpture and rushed off the cliff after Aang.

"Zuko!" You yelled out for him. You jumped off and chased after the two of them. Not wanting to accidently hurt either Zuko or Aang. You and the others rushed off to where the fight had finally ended. "Damn it Zuko! What the hell?!" You exclaimed as you rushed over to help him up.

"What's wrong with you? You could have hurt Aang!" Katara exclaimed.

"What's wrong with me?! What's wrong with all of you?! How can you all have a beach party when Sozin's comet is only three days away?!" You tensed a little at his words. Just now realizing how soon the comet is arriving. But no one else said anything. Not even you. Zuko looked around confused. "Why are you all looking at me like I'm crazy?" Zuko asked to break the silence.

"About the Sozin's comet... I was actually going to fight the Fire Lord until after it came." Aang explained. You raised a brow at this.

"After?" Zuko asked confused.

"I'm not ready. I need more time to master Fire Bending."

"And frankly, your Earth Bending could use some work too." Toph added.

"So you all knew Aang was going to wait?" Zuko asked.

"Honestly, if Aang were to fight the Fire Lord now, he'd loose." Sokka replied. "No offense."