Chapter 12

"Here's your money. So let them go." Sokka called out as he dropped the bag of coin on the ground and the Earth Bending master bent it to the Host of the battles that go on in the arena that you all stood. Toph was lowered and dropped out of her cage and ran to her parents embrace.

"What about Aang?" Katara asked the host. He held up a scroll and let it roll down to reveal the wanted poster of Aang.

"I think the Fire Nation will pay a heafty price for the Avatar. Now get. Out." You all got in fighting positions but all of the fighters from the show came out and were on the side of the host.

"Go! I'll be okay!" Aang called to you all from his cage. You all obeyed and left the ring and to the exit where Toph and her family were walking through.

"Toph there's too many of them. We need an earth bender. We need you!" Katara called out to the blind girl. Her father turned to look at you all.

"My daughter is blind. She is blind, and tiny and helpless and fragile! She cannot help you!" He scolded you all. Toph frowned and pulled her hand out of her father's.

"She may be blind... But she can sure as shit prove you wrong." You bit back.

"She's right. And I can help them." Toph agreed and made way towards you all. You smiled at the girl as she approached you all. You all got back in the ring and Toph stopped the group by bending a rock wall in front of them. "Let him go!" She demanded. "I beat you all before and I'll do it again!"

"The Boulder takes issue with that comment." The Boulder pointed. You got into a ready position just in case. Sokka and Katara stepped ahead when Aangs cage got thrown to the side.

"Wait!" Toph stopped them. "They're mine" And in one swoop, she knocked them all out the ring and moved forward in the dust to take care of them all. You tried to help Katara and Sokka from getting Aang out but it was proving to be difficult. Though you all eventually got him out and watched Toph fight the rest of the men. It was now just Toph and the Host. The host kicked a bunch of rocks towards her and she created a shield and split half of it off towards the host. He dodged it and touched the ground to throw a boulder at her that she dodged and she immediately knocked him out of the ring. Sokka fainted.

"Nice!" Aang exclaimed. You crossed your arms and smirked.

"I like her already." You mused.

~~~

"Dad. I know it's probably hard to see me this way. But the obedient, helpless little blind girl you think I am just isn't me. I love fighting. I love being an Earth Bender. And I'm really really good at it. I know I've kept my life secret from you. But you were keeping me secret from the whole world. You were doing it to protect me. But I'm 12 years old and never had a real friend." You all looked at each other with frowned at Tophs words but went back to paying attention. "So now that you are who I really am, I hope it doesn't change the way you feel about me."

"Of course it doesn't change the way I feel about you, Toph. It's made me realize something." Her father spoke.

"It has?"

"Yes. I've let you have far too much freedom! From now on you will be care for and guarded 24 hours a day."

"But dad!"

"What we are doing is for your own good." Her mother spoke up. Her father stood up from his seat.

"Please escort the Avatar and his friends out." He ordered. You rolled your eyes. "They are no longer welcomed here." And with that you all left. Aang looked towards Toph.