Chapter 14

"The King is having a party at the palace tonight for his pet bear." Katara spoke with excitement as she held the flyer.

"You mean pet platypus bear?" Aang asked from his laid back spot on the railing. Katara looked back at the flyer.

"No... It just says bear." She replied.

"Certainly you mean his pet skunk bear." Sokka assured. He laid up against a wall with his legs up against it.

"Or his armadillo bear." Toph added from the cushions she sat on.

"Maybe gopher bear?" You suggested this time.

"Nope. Just... Bear." Katara pressed on.

"This place, is weird..." Toph trailed.

"You could say that again..." You muttered.

"The palace will be packed. We can sneak in with the crowd!" Katara suggested. She had told you that the gaang was having issues seeing the King ever since they arrived in Ba Sing Se.

"Won't work." Toph shut down and fell back into the cushions.

"Why not?"

"Well no offense to you simple country folk. But a real society crowd would spot you from a mile away. You've got not manners." You let out a cough. "Okay well maybe besides (Y/n) since she worked in a palace. But the rest of you, it's a no go."

"Excuse me? I've got no manners? You're not exactly lady fancy fingers." Katara shot back.

"I learned proper society behavior and chose to leave it. You never learned anything. And frankly, it's a little too late."

"Not exactly true. We could teach them how it's done. Granted I wasn't taught by anyone, I just had to figure that out on my own."

"Yeah I'm mastering every element. How hard could manners be?" Aang asked as he grabbed one of the curtains and threw it over his shoulders as if their robes. He then turned to Sokka. "Good evening Mr. Sokka Water Tribe. Miss Katara Water Tribe. Lord Momo of the Momo Dynasty, your Momoness." He bowed towards Momo. Sokka then threw a curtain over his shoulders.

"Hello Avatar Aang, how you do go on?" He asked with an over the top voice. Aang bowed to Sokka and Sokka bowed lower, then Aang, then Sokka and then their heads smacked together. You couldn't help but laugh at them.

"Katara might be able to pull this off with (Y/n) and I. But you two would be lucky to pass as bus boys." Toph spoke bluntly.

"But I feel so fancy." Sokka pouted.

"Well if we're going to do this, we need to do this quickly. We need to get fancy clothing and some makeup because, I don't know about you but I don't own anything fancy." You spoke up.

"She's right. You two stay here. We'll be back in no time." Katara agreed.

~~~

The three of you revealed yourselves. Your make up a little lighter than the other two since you weren't too keen on it. You all struck little poses to the boys and both Aang and Sokka seemed a little awe struck. "Wow you look beautiful." Aang complemented. You gave the boy a smile and Sokka flicked his forehead. Katara parted her lips to speak but Toph covered her mouth with her fan.

"Don't talk to the commoners Katara. First rule of society." Toph scolded.

"Okay so I guess I really don't know all that much. Figured I would, serving the Fire Lords family after all." You muttered.