Chapter 4

"Listen!" You exclaimed as you dodged and attack from a boy dressed as one of the Kyoshi warriors. "I don't want to hurt you or any bystander in all of this." You added as you grabbed his arm and twisted it so he could drop the fan he was using as a weapon. You folded it up and threw it at a wall to have it dig itself in said wall. You let go of his wrist and thankfully stopped attacking you.

"If you didn't want to hurt anyone then why are you with and sided with Zuko? Wouldn't you want to join the Avatars side?" He asked you. His chest heaving up and down after the fight the two of you just had. He did have a point when he spoke which made your body even more tense.

"I... It's a complicated situation..." You muttered with a frown. The boy seemed to relax a little but still kept his guard in case you were trying to trick him.

"Then why not run with us? Why not come with us?" He asked you. Sounding a little desperate. You parted your lips to speak but got knocked off to the side by a sudden force. You winced and tried getting up but you had one of the golden fans pointed at you. "Suki, wait!"

"No. She's with him." The Kyoshi warrior growled as her eyes glared at you. The boy tried convincing the girl to leave you be but Katara called out for him.

"Sokka! Let's go! We're leaving!" She called out. Sokka glanced over to where the voice came from and he soon ran off. Suki stayed behind to keep her watch on you before she too rushed off to help the other citizens of Kyoshi island. You rushed out and saw Zuko get nailed in the stomach by a rhino lizard tail and have the wind get knocked out of him. You looked up and saw the Avatar, Sokka and Katara leave on the flying bison. You made eye contact with Sokka who held a worried expression. You sighed and rushed off to Zuko to help him up and retreat back to the ship to follow the trail of the Avatar once again.

~~~

A few days ago, you and Zuko had found a prison that once held several earth benders to be damaged and emptied of prisoners. Right now though, you and Zuko were searching for Iroh who insisted that we stopped somewhere. "Uncle, where are you?!" Zuko called out.

"I'm over here, Zuko." The old man replied nonchalantly. Zuko gazed to the direction of the voice to see Iroh's clothes hung on a low branch and for Iroh himself to be sitting and relaxing on a natural spring.

"Get up. We need to go before we loose our trail on the Avatar." Zuko commanded as you stood behind them and watched. Though after all the events that took place on Kyoshi island with Sokka, your mind wouldn't stop wondering and thinking. Thinking on if you really should switch sides and go with the Avatar. Make you rethink why you stayed with Zuko, why you remained his body guard. "Be back at the ship in a half an hour or I'm leaving without you." Zuko suddenly demanded. Causing you to snap out of your thoughts and to follow the scarred boy back to the ship. Once on it, you split from Zuko to think in your room and allowed yourself to meditate to help calm yourself. You chewed on your bottom lip as you sat on your bed. Mind racing with several questions and your eyes zoning out on the floor while you played with your hands. You took a deep breath and got into your meditative position and allowed your mind to clear.

You opened your eyes to find yourself in vast whiteness. "Where am I?" You breathed out as you looked around you but still saw nothing but white.

"My dear (Y/n)..." A voice called out. Causing your eyes to widen and your body to tense. You slowly turned and your breath hitched at the sight before you.

"M-mom...? Dad?" You whimpered and fully turned your body towards them. "But... How?" You asked as your eyes welled with tears.