HOME INVASION

//

//

The air between Peter and Violet was still tense due to what had occurred in the basement a week ago. They haven't had the chance to discuss it yet. Mostly because Peter was trying to dodge around the subject.

Until one day, Violet walked into Peter's room who was sitting at his bay window reading The Shining by Stephen King.

"Peter," Violet called, earning Peter's attention. "We need to talk."

Peter knew what she was going to bring up and there was no dodging it this time.

"About what?" he still asked, closing his book.

"You know what," Violet replied. "What we saw in the basement. What the guy, Tate, did to Leah."

Peter stood up, nearly defensively. "He didn't do anything."

"You and I both saw-"

"I saw Tate in a horrifying mask trying to scare the coke whore. And guess what, Vi? It worked," Peter stated.

"Yeah, he scared Leah shitless and now she's going to have fucking scars on her face," Violet said.

"That wasn't his fault. Leah probably scratched herself or something," Peter replied. "And what? Did you go see her?"

At this point, Peter was grasping for anything to prove his only friend isn't a monster and didn't hurt Leah on purpose.

"I did," Violet admitted. "She looks like shit."

"You're welcome," Peter replied, sitting back down on his window.

"Why are you defending him? You barely know him," Violet stated.

"Because he's my first real friend and just because you got scared, I'm not letting you take that away."

In a way, Peter was right. Tate was his first real friend in a long time. And maybe Tate was using a mask, it was really dark down in the basement to see but she trusted Peter's judgement...most of the time.

"Okay," Violet stated, making Peter turn his gaze on her as she sat down on the bay window as well. "Maybe it was just a mask-"

"It was," Peter replied quickly.

Violet sighed. "Look, if you like him and trust him then I'll try to. Okay?"

"I don't even if that's possible," Peter replied. "I mean, you did yell at him to stay away from us."

"Well, He doesn't seem like the type to stay away," Violet replied.

"I hope not."

Someone had heard that conversation and merely smiled at Peter's words of defense.

He didn't plan on staying away from Peter whether the Harmon boy knew that or not.

***

Peter pushed the front door open, striding inside with an emotionless expression in his face and chocolate brown eyes.