BIRTH

//

//

As of this moment, Peter was trying to yank his arm back from Ben who was basically dragging Violet and Peter down the stairs.

"Dad, stop. You're hurting my arm!" Peter exclaimed.

"Dad, I'm not a dog!" Violet added. "Just leave me here! I don't feel well!"

"I don't wanna go!"

"No, I don't trust you anymore, I don't trust Violet and I don't trust Tate!" Ben told Peter.

"Tate?" Peter questioned, remembering Tate knocked him out to buy Violet time. "I haven't seen him in weeks! Vi!"

"I haven't seen him in like a month," Violet lied.

"No more," Ben told his children. "Your mom's coming home and you're both coming with me to get her."

"Dad, please, I don't feel well!" Violet repeated as they were still being dragged out the front door, towards the car.

"You can lay down in the car," Ben told her. "And when you get home, pack up your things. We're leaving this house for good."

"What? You guys are back together?" Peter asked.

"I don't know yet-your mom wants to go to Aunt Jo's to give birth, and I'm supporting it," Ben answered.

"No, you don't want to do this," Violet stated.

"You really don't," Peter added.

"Your mother's been locked up in a psych ward for weeks. I won't let her stay there for another minute. Are you gonna get in the car or do I have to make you?" Ben asked his kids to which they both stayed in place, not moving. "My God, what is wrong with you guys?! Get in the car! Your mother wants to see you both!"

"I'm gonna throw up!" Violet exclaimed as she and Peter both got in the back seat but that didn't matter to Ben. "Fine. I'll lay down."

Violet lied across the seat with her head in Peter's lap while Peter just sunk into his spot, so he wouldn't be visible in the rearview mirror.

As the car started, Peter forced his eyes shut.

The car began to pull out of the driveway, going past the property line, and within the blink of an eye, Violet was back in the house, standing in front of her bedroom window while Peter was sitting on her bed beside Tate who was on Peter's laptop.

"What's gonna happen when they get back? What do we say?" Violet asked Peter, turning away from the window as Ben drove past the house.