RUBBER MAN

//

//

Peter lied back in his bed, his hands resting on top of one another and his eyes were shut.

Peter could never really sleep anymore but he would still try even though he didn't need it. It made him feel almost alive again.

His eyes shot open as he heard screaming from down the hall.

He sat up quickly upon hearing Vivien scream again.

"Mom," Peter quietly uttered, and within the blink of an eye, he stood in the middle of his Vivien's room (thanks to Tate who taught him how to teleport).

Vivien held a candlestick up in defense and looked around the room for someone but she didn't see anyone.

Peter, however, saw Hayden laughing and pushing glass vase off the bedroom's fireplace making Vivien yell in fear, "Who did that?!"

As Hayden was about to knock down another object, Peter stalked up behind her, his fingers latching tightly around her wrist.

Once Peter made physical contact with Hayden, he began to burn and practically vibrate with terrifying rage as he remembered she was the reason he was dead.

Hayden smiled upon seeing Peter. "Oh, bud. You're looking well-" He just glared, shoving her into the wall as hard as he could, making her flinch but she still grinned. "And you're stronger now..."

"Leave my mom alone. Now," Peter practically growled.

Vivien ran to hide in the bathroom, still not seeing Peter and Hayden as Hayden raised her eyebrows. "No, I don't think I will."

Peter's hand balled into a fist before slamming into her jaw. Once, twice, a third time.

Peter wasn't a woman beater but Hayden wasn't a woman, she was a monster. An evil spirit.

Hayden smiled, her teeth gleaming with blood even as Peter grabbed her arms forcefully, shoving her out of the room, into the hall to which she fell and rolled to the floor.

Peter still approached her. "You did this to me!" he yelled, kicking her in the stomach making her gasp for air. "I'm trapped in this house forever! Thanks to you!"

Hayden laughed as she looked up at Peter. "Baby, you should be thanking me. If it weren't for me, you wouldn't be able to be with your boy toy forever-"

Peter's hands latched around her throat as he dragged her towards the stairs, slamming her in a wall nearby.

"Listen to me and listen to me good, Hayden," Peter spoke. "We might be stuck in this house together but if you go near my mom, my dad, Violet or Tate, I'll-"