OPEN HOUSE

//

//

Peter had finally come to terms that he was a spirit and there was nothing he could do about it. But he had to make sure Violet didn't know, unsure how she'd handle the news.

But Tate had taught Peter some things only ghosts can do. One of them was being invisible to the living which Peter wanted to try out and planned to as he remembered that people were coming over for the open house.

Peter was against the open house because that meant Ben and Vivien would leave but Peter and Violet are stuck forever.

Peter stood by the stairs as Marcy walked into the house with a well-dressed man.

"The house is a classic LA Victorian," Marcy began as they walked past Peter who didn't even notice him. "These are real Tiffany fixtures." Peter followed them but he was still unseen. "Everything was meticulously restored by a couple of the previous homos-" she paused. "Owners. Homeowners."

Peter chuckled. "Nice cover-up, Nancy," he remarked but he was still unheard.

"Fags have such a great eye for detail, don't they?" the man asked.

"A queer eye."

"Dick," he spoke, making his voice known to the man who glanced behind him to see who said that but he didn't see anyone there.

"Let me show you the kitchen," Marcy continued, absent-minded as they walked into the kitchen to which Peter kept following. "Please help yourself to nibbles."

The man saw Moira cleaning to which he said, "I don't see you on the brochure. You come with the house?"

"Uh, she does, actually," Vivien said, walking in from the backyard. "This is Moira. She's worked for consecutive owners of the house. Uh, Vivien Harmon."

"Mr. Escandarian was in the neighborhood to look at that gaudy Mediterranean two blocks up," Marcy stated.

Peter stood beside Moira who gave him a small smile in greeting.

Peter had just learned that Moira was a ghost as well who tended to be very kind towards Peter.

"It's about two-thirds the size of this place, and they want almost twice as much," the man continued. "Of course, the Mediterranean has a swimming pool."

"There's room for a pool here," Marcy stated.

The man looked out the window. 'I'll have to tear out that gazebo."

"I think that's a fine idea," Moira told him. "A swimming pool would be just the thing. How deep would you make it?"

"Very deep," the man answered.