HALLOWEEN PART 2

//

//

Peter listened for the knocking on the door to stop. It did a few seconds later.

Peter glanced behind him as he felt a presence close to him.

There was no one there.

Peter hurried upstairs, entering his room, grabbing his cell phone off his bed as he heard something hit his window.

Once. Twice. A third time.

Peter walked over to the window to see Tate standing outside in the lawn as he mouthed the word: 'basement'.

He nodded, walking down to the basement as Tate said, pulling the door open but he kept glancing towards the front door in worry.

He descended down the stairs, approaching Tate who hugged Peter tightly.

"Hey," Tate greeted.

"It's been fucking insane here. First, the cops were outside, then some guy started banging on the door, screaming about money," Peter explained.

"Hey, hey," Tate spoke softly. "Shit like tend to go down on Halloween. It's probably just asshole kids. It's fine now. I'm here," he assured Peter, kissing his forehead before pulling out a dark rose, handing it to Peter. "I painted it black. I know how you don't like normal things."

Peter grinned, grabbing the stem softly. It felt like his heart was beating a mile a minute even if that sounded cheesy and stupid. "Thank you. I love it," Peter told him before his eyes grazed over Tate's form. "You look...pretty."

Tate smiled. "And therefore, I have value?" he asked.

Peter gulped. "No. No, that’s not what I meant at all. I was just..."

"I was just messing with you, Pete," Tate replied much to Peter's relief. "You look pretty too."