C H A P T E R 1

June 25 | DAY 105 : 11 pm

June 25 | DAY 1
05 : 11 pm

The sky was perfectly blue. There were no hints of clouds anywhere. The sun shone brightly above Seokjin's white baseball cap. He quickly glanced at his watch.

"Where's the goddamn bus?", he said to himself as he looked at his watch again.

Seokjin scurried across the terminal to the customer care, with the tickets in his hand.

"Excuse me, sir, do you know when Bus no. 115 will get here? It was supposed to be here at five.", Seokjin bent his head down to ask the middle-aged man sitting at the desk.

"It'll be here at 5:20 pm, sir. Sorry for the inconvenience.", the man said, without lifting his head from the magazine he was reading.

Seokjin went back to his old spot to wait. He had been waiting for at least half an hour and now, he'll have to wait for more.

He was at the Dong Seoul Bus Terminal, waiting for his bus to Busan, dressed in dark blue denim jeans, a white T-shirt, a blue denim jacket and everything topped with his favourite white baseball cap. He had a small backpack too, just the essentials, he was not going to Busan for a long stay but an interview for a job.

He stood there along with a group of people of all ages and sizes, the terminal was extremely crowded that day. Probably because it was a weekend and everybody seemed to be in a hurry.

After ten more minutes of waiting, the bus came and stopped with a huge hissing sound. Seokjin hated travelling on buses, but he had no choice. Booking a last-minute ticket on a plane or a train was too expensive and he was kind of a scrooge, so this was his only option.

The doors opened with a loud squeak and he waited till everybody got on the bus because he didn't like being in a crowd of people. At last, he got on and carefully scanned the entire bus for seats. As he was doing so, a young man with purple highlights smiled at him brightly and Seokjin smiled back. There were seats in the very back of the bus but he waited for the people on the bus to settle down.

After a few minutes, with everybody in their seats now, Seokjin made his way to the back and sat down near another young man with black frizzy hair and pale white skin.

"Hi, I'm Kim Seokjin. What's you're name?", he asked the young man as he was making himself comfortable, with a big smile on his face. But he didn't get a reply.

Seokjin took off his cap from his head, cleared his throat and asked the question again. The young man turned his head towards Seokjin from the window, with wide eyes.

"I'm Min Yoongi", he said. "Nice to meet you".

He said that in the grainiest voice possible, with no emotion on his face whatsoever and turned his gaze back to whatever he was looking at, outside the bus window.

Seokjin was surprised by this cold greeting. The young man, Min Yoongi, was the exact opposite of Seokjin in all ways, like yin and yang, black and white. On one hand, you have Seokjin, brimming with energy and on the other, Yoongi, cold as ice.

Seokjin let out a deep sigh, seeing that his first shot at making conversation with the person whom he'll have to sit with for the next five hours was not a success.

Seokjin was a very friendly guy, very observant, he could make friends anywhere on the planet and that too within seconds. He really cannot sit still for five minutes without talking to anybody. Yoongi was not a good option, so he turned to his other side, to find another young man with neatly parted black hair, reading a book.

"Hi, I'm Kim Seokjin. What's your name?"

This was his opening dialogue in any conversation. He didn't miss out to smile too.

The man closed his book and smiled back and said, "I'm Kim Namjoon, hello."

Seokjin was happy that he got a positive response, not like the first one, and smiled even brightly.

"So, why are you going to Busan?", Seokjin wanted to continue the conversation and Namjoon seemed interested.

"My friend's getting married next week and I'm the best man", Namjoon said with a proud face. "So there's some work and all... Yeah... What about you?"

Namjoon turned the question to him.

"I'm going for a job interview.", Seokjin replied.

Their conversation, which included the usual opinions about how nice the weather was and how late the bus was, ended when they felt the vibration of the bus engine starting and Namjoon suddenly sat straight.

"Are you okay?", Seokjin inquired, seeing the sudden change in Namjoon's whole aura.

"I'm fine... I'm just motion sick."

Namjoon said with his hands rubbing over the red cover of his thick hardback book.

That's when a young man quickly got on the bus, panting, just before the bus took off. He slowly moved past the people through the aisle, scouring for seats. Seokjin shifted his focus from Namjoon to that man, as he walked slowly to where Seokjin was sitting.

He had a big backpack that made him look small and had black hair with orange highlights. He spotted the empty seat beside Namjoon, so he approached quickly, but tripped on something.

"Whoa! Careful man!", Seokjin said as he caught the man from falling down flat on his face.

"Oh, thank you...", said the other as he stood back straight. He shoved his huge backpack overhead and encroached past Namjoon and fell onto his seat.

He suddenly lifted his head back and greeted Seokjin with an eye smile.

"My name's Park Jimin. What's yours?". Seokjin was overjoyed to find another friend and he introduced himself, didn't forget to smile too.

The sun still shone brightly and burned everything under it, like the bus, with all its passengers, moved through the huge city of Seoul towards Busan at a steady speed. Seokjin stared out of the window, blankly, looking at the people outside, what they were doing. But he never knew what was coming.

~~~

Hiiii, this is the first time I'm writing a story like this, so there'll be mistakes and all but please excuse me. I hope you'll enjoy it.

Love
PAPRIKA 💜

LovePAPRIKA 💜