C H A P T E R 21

July 2 | DAY 808 : 01 am

July 2 | DAY 8
08 : 01 am

Seokjin wasn't sure what woke him up, but he was awake now and he found himself lying next to Yoongi. He had unconsciously fallen asleep last night, after he had made his mind up, that they were going to get out of there, alive.

The light rays peeked in through the awning window, but it was not as bright as it used to be. A storm was slowly spewing outside and the skies rumbled. Seokjin could feel it, the dull bathroom looked more dull and lifeless.

He sighed heavily. His throat was dry, his lips were chapped and he felt hollow due to hunger. The wound on his forehead had healed up, but the splitting headache wouldn't let him go back to sleep.

He slowly stood up and stretched his body, feeling extremely weak and dead inside. He walked to one of the two mirrors placed on the wall above the washbasins, the other one was broken and the pieces lay scattered, some in the basin, some on the floor.

He suddenly remembered what had happened the day before, sighed again and stared into the dead eyes of the unknown reflection in the mirror, he couldn't recognise himself anymore.

He could see Yoongi through the mirror and also Taehyung, both sleeping, but Jungkook, he was nowhere to be seen.

He quickly swirled his head around and looked around the room again. There were three stalls in the bathroom and he checked all of them for him.

Jungkook was missing, he was gone.

That's when he noticed that the door was not locked. It was shut, but the door-latch was open.

"No..."

He quickly went to the door and pulled it open. The rotten stench, getting worse day by day, attacked Seokjin's lungs, but he didn't care. He held his breath in and looked around for Jungkook, without stepping out of the bathroom. There was not a soul to be seen.

Silence.

He shut the door and locked it. He went to Taehyung and tried to shake him awake.

"Taehyung! Do you know where Jungkook is?"

Taehyung slowly opened his eyes and rubbed them with the back of his hands.

"He's here... I'm okay..."

Taehyung mumbled out vague things, he was still half asleep.

"Taehyung! Jungkook's not here... He's gone!", Seokjin yelled.

Taehyung suddenly opened his eyes fully, stared at Seokjin for a few moments as if he was still processing what he just heard and cried out.

"What?!"

Yoongi woke up hearing Taehyung yelling.

"What's the matter? Why are you yelling?", he asked, his voice broken and dry, his eyes still closed.