C H A P T E R 14

June 29 | DAY 508 : 12 am

June 29 | DAY 5
08 : 12 am

The morning was quiet. All that was audible was their breathing. They were all awake, but looked dead, felt dead. They felt hopeless. It was like they knew, that they would face the same fate as Namjoon and Jimin and that there was no escape from it.

Seokjin stared out of the window blankly, while the others quietly indulged in their own thoughts, nobody talked much.

"If I hadn't asked Jimin to go instead of me... He would still be alive right?", Taehyung asked out of the blue. Jungkook sighed.

"It is not your fault.", Jungkook emphasised on his words and moved closer to Taehyung.

"Let's not dwell on the past. We will get out of here... Alive."

The room went quiet again and it felt uncomfortable.

The eerie silence was broken again when Jungkook suddenly opened a cupboard in the room, with a very disturbing creak.

There was nothing interesting in it and Jungkook started taking out the contents, mainly files and bundles of paper, and started looking through it, just to distract himself from his own thoughts. Taehying joined him, even though he had no idea what Jungkook was doing.

Seokjin, Yoongi and Hoseok just observed them, trying to take their mind off the recent events.

"Oh!", Jungkook suddenly exclaimed, receiving the attention of everybody in the room.

"What? What is it?", Hoseok inquired. He looked curious.

"Look at this... It's a walkie-talkie.", Jungkook's face suddenly lit up.

"There's another one here.", said Taehyung.

He handed the HT* over to Hoseok.

"Do you think we can communicate with anybody through this?", Taehyung asked Hoseok, his face in a pout.

"I don't know... I don't know how this works.", Hoseok inspected the HT for any instructions or some kind of writings on it.

He found a button on it and pressed it.

"Oh! I think I switched it on."

Hoseok jumped a little when it suddenly produced a beeping sound.

"I don't think we can do anything with it. Just leave it.", Yoongi grumbled. Nothing seemed to cheer Yoongi's hopes up. But Jungkook didn't want to keep it back, he felt like it could be useful somewhere. So he put the one in his hand in his pocket.

June 29 | DAY 5
12 : 21 pm

They hadn't eaten much for breakfast and now they were feeling hungry. Yoongi stood up when he heard Jungkook's stomach grumbling, to go get something to eat.