Just on time

(In the car)

"Thundy! I just left you unsupervised for three hours and I already received a letter of complaint from the organiser!" Quake flashed a report card in the air with one hand on the wheel. "One more time you mess with the lecturer, you will be expelled! Gosh... When will you start to mature and think sensibly?"

Solar smiled as he read an encyclopedia while clipping his fingers, "Oh, he will not... Because he is not even here!"

"What?!!" Quake immediately jerked the car to a halt and spun around. Indeed, he was gone. "Where did he go?!"

"Through the window, where else?" Solar piped in again, this time combing his hair straight while placing his completed homework on the encyclopedia he had just finished reading. The light elemental smirked as he looked out of the ajar car window at the back seat. "Hopefully he gets knocked down by a vehicle and goes into a coma..."

"ISH! Stop sprouting rubbish and help me find Thundy!" Quake pulled Solar out of the car. The light manipulator smiled again and adjusted his glasses. "Well, I am certainly the man for the job!" Pressing some buttons on his glasses, he spoke, "Solar to fan base, Solar to fan base, I have a wild shabby red rebel on the loose! Whoever gets him first, please pound him to the ground and punch his groin! He needs to learn why it is important to cherish brotherhood while he still has it!" Suddenly, hordes of fans wearing white lab coats rushed down the street, saluting the Radiant SuperStar (Solar) along the way.

The stampede caused Ice to open his eyes as he yawned, "Blazy, feed me more... I want to su-", before nodding off again. "Thundy, watch out..."

(At the mall)

"What do you mean you ran out of rubber? The other shops referred me to you! And I need it urgently!!" Thunderstorm remarked rudely as he stared at rows of empty shells in front of the cashier.

"Sir, what do you mean by rubber? This is Seven Eleven, not a stationary shop..."

Thunderstorm pulled down his hood even more as he whispered, "You know, the sheath?"

"Oh!! You mean these!!" The cashier smiled as he slammed two big packets of sheath on the desk, attracting the attention of the other customers.

"Shhhh!! Not so loud. Give me two of them..." Thunderstorm blushed for he noticed men in white lab coats roaming the area.

"Wow! You must be doing a lot of work! Hope you have fun with your partner!" The cashier intoned loudly again, attracting the white coats' attention.

The lightning elemental felt a sensation of the lab coats creeping up on him while chanting, "Cherish brotherhood..." He quickly made his purchase and yanked down his hood, "Goddamn it!"

"Hey bro! Don't do that! You are going to damage your red vest!"

Thunderstorm noticed the men advancing towards him and sprinted off in Thunder speed. "Thank you very much!"

(In front of the house)

"Oh hey Rebel! We have been searching high and low for you! Anyways, how's your meaningful interaction with my men? Did it help you to think sensibly? Will you leave us without notifying us again? Huh? Huh?" Solar grinned as he grabbed the lightning elemental's shoulders and shook him up and down.

"Shut up! It is pretty obvious that I escaped them!!" Thunderstorm rolled his eyes. Patting his back, Solar laughed, "I would watch my back if I were you! But let's not mind them!"

Thunderstorm had one last look at the mad lab coat men before Solar closed the door on them. "Welcome back home buddy! Let me take your bag for you!"

"Ermmm... what?"

"You know, leave rivalry outside of the house... let care and love take over when at home... Come on! Cycy is waiting..." Solar smiled as he tried to pull the plastic bags from his brother's grasp.

"There is no need, Sol. I can handle it..." Thunderstorm tried hard not to blush when Solar took a peek into the bag.

"Haha!" the light elemental just laughed as he walked his brother into the wind elemental's room. "You really think I would tell Mama? Let me tell you what? Give me one piece and I will never ask anyone to spy on you again!"

"Seriously..." Thunderstorm scratched his head as he stepped into the room, handling Solar his deal.

"OOH! I got it!! Thornie! Where are you?"

The lightning elemental rolled his eyes again, before being greeted by a sweet and loving voice, "Thundy, you are just on time as always!"

He turned around to take in a phenomenal sight of the wind elemental, dressed in his enchanting oversized cyan t-shirt. Behind him was a golden chandelier that hung in the middle of the room, the walls adorned with pictures of the two brothers defeating evil hand-in-hand. Cyclone's study desk was transformed into a fine dining table, with cutlery and plates laid out in an immaculate fashion. Looking at a succulent roast chicken on the table, Thunderstorm smiled, "You did this yourself?"

"What do you think? Anything for my brother!" Cyclone flashed his signature cute smile as he embraced his brother in a bear hug. 

Thunderstorm smiled, but deep down inside all he felt was regret of not helping his brother out...