Scars to your beauty

Click, click, click!

Fingers swept across the controller as eyes stared intently at the lively screen. The hearts pumped vigorously and sent chills to their spine. Cold perspiration clung towards their palms as they watched on with bated breaths...

"Goal! Goal!" The wind elemental screamed in joy as he turned towards his brother who sat there in deep annoyance. "Yay! Manchester United got their lead against Bayern Munich back!"

Beep!

"Dammit!" Thunderstorm threw the controller onto the floor and stormed over to the desk to drink a cup of water. "I just don't get it! The stoppage time is only 3 minutes and you scored in the seventh minute? Dude. That should not even be counted. Besides, I should have won if we had gone into extra time..."

"Come on... Cheer up, it's just a game..." The wind elemental walked up to the lightning manipulator and stroked his back.

"A game? Those stupid fans won't make it a game for me..." Thunderstorm looked on annoyingly at the comments that came fluttering in the chat section. "And they always spread rumours... I can envision it now... 'Cyclone is better than Thunderstorm in Pro Evolution Soccer'!"

"Well... it is just rumours... not like your fans would say something real..." Cyclone inhaled deeply as he removed his hand from his brother's back shakily, pulling his sleeves down stealthily. "Can you help me keep the food?"

"You know, I'd gone through so much trouble getting this for you..." Thunderstorm pulled Cyclone to the bed while handling Cyclone the plastic bags. "Choose the one you prefer!"

As the wind manipulator reached for the bags, his sleeves suddenly rolled down disobediently and revealed a fresh red scar around his right elbow. At a loss for words, Cyclone could only stare at his stunned brother with his eyes agog. "I- I didn't... T-this is n-not what y-you t-th-think..."

Thunderstorm just sighed and pulled out a bottle of antiseptic from his pocket. Rubbing it gently on his brother's scar, he said in a gentle tone, "Come on... remove your shirt." After catching a glimpse of his brother's back, he could only let out a dismayed sigh. "God... How many times did you hurt yourself..."

Cyclone shifted his gaze downwards as tears started clogging up on his eyelashes. "I'm so-sorry..."

"You know, you could have seriously injured yourself if you weren't careful... Why must you always reinforce those goddamn rumours... WHY?!!" Thunderstorm pulled his brother over. Looking at the teary and sorrowful blue eyes, the lightning elemental pressed his head on his brother's chest. "I'm sorry for s-shouting at y-you... I- I just don't want to lose you again..."

Cyclone could only let out his feelings in rivulets of tears which fell like rain. The lightning manipulator sighed again as he killed the lights. "Just... go to sleep..."

...

"N-no... Cyclone!!! No!" Thunderstorm rushed over to his brother, lying motionlessly in a red thick pool. "You can't go!"

The wind elemental tilted his face towards his brother and smiled for blood poured out of his crookedly- shaped mouth. "Thun... Please... Help me to r-rewrite ou-r st-ars..."

Coughing out dark-coloured blood, he whispered, "I'll s-see you..." With that, he released his last burst of energy and kissed his brother with the tongue. "Goodbye..."

Thunderstorm sniffed. He refused to release the kiss, he refused to accept what happened. As he watched fresh blood dripping down from the slashes of his motionless body that seemed to look at him with resentful impotence, Thunderstorm could not bear to open his eyes. "The marriage, stove, bullies, rollercoaster... lucky you. But this fight, it is the scars to your beauty... Please don't die..."

The lightning elemental twisted and turned as he mourned for his brother, finally revealing his swollen and puffy eyes...

...

"Cycy...Don't go..."

"What?" The wind elemental sat on a massaging chair as he fed the infant the morning milk. 'I'm still here..."

Blinking his eyes repeatedly, Thunderstorm realised he had been dreaming all along. "N-nothing..." He stood up and put his vest on. Wearing his cap, Thunderstorm took one last look at his brother and muttered before walking out of the door, "It is just a stupid dream... Just don't go to the park today, alright?"

"Sure thing pal! Come on... Drink up, baby!" The wind elemental responded cheerily as he continued to stare at his brother while cradling the infant close to him. Would that be the last time he saw his brother?