An unbroken promise

"Thundy!!" 

"Thundy!!!"

The lightning elemental opened his crimson eyes and glanced around exhaustedly. His fall felt like an eternity. Getting on his feet, he peered around in the total darkness. There he heard it again, but this time he saw it.

Out of the darkness came a figure glowing of blue, ocean blue. His cap was positioned to the side, with a tornado symbol on the cap's front. Thunderstorm squinted his eyes as they adjusted to the radiant being stepping out of the darkness. He stared to his front, pondering deep in his heart while absorbing the sights: His vest... it looked so familiar... pure white background with brushy stripes of neon blue... the ocean fills the lower half of his vest... and on the surface of an ocean, there's... wind...

Thunderstorm glanced at his lazily unzipped vest and smiled. There it was! The lovely wind elemental icon!

"Thundy!" A breeze of wind almost swept his cap off his head. Thunderstorm caught his head as he felt the wind blowing nature into life. The glowing boy in front of him just smiled and played with the flowers that appeared from the then grassy ground, oblivious to the lightning manipulator's presence. "How beautiful..."

"Cycy?" Thunderstorm muttered as he walked towards him in utter disbelief. "Wh-what are you doing here?"

Finally, the glowing wind elemental lifted his head as he revealed a butterfly in his badly scarred palms. "Yes?"

"C-can y-you se-see m-me? What h-happened?" The lightning elemental looked at his palms and back to his brother. "Why are you here?"

"I can hear you loud and clear, Thundy!" Cyclone said as a smile formed on his lips. "But the real question is, why are you doing here? Go enjoy life!"

"I- I..." Thunderstorm's words trailed off as he focussed intently on his brother's fresh red scars. "I want to s-save you... I want to undo the past... So you c-can return and w-we can be t- together..." Thunderstorm forced the last word out of his mouth as he broke down in tears.

Smiling gently, the wind elemental lifted his brother's face close to his one. "But, you know the risk? You shouldn't. I'm happy here..."

"N-no! I made a promise when we first got t- together... I will always be there for you, I will make that promise again... no matter what..." Thunderstorm tried to hold his tears back.

"No matter what?" The wind elemental shed a tear as he caressed his brother.

"No matter what," the lightning elemental nodded.

"Well then... Good luck! Love you!!" the wind manipulator slowly faded away as the darkness morphed away, a blinding light forcing the lighting elemental to shut his eyes.

"Cycy... I love you..."

...

"Hey! What in the world are you doing here..."

"Huh?" Thunderstorm slowly opened his eyes as he took in the sights around him. Gradually, he came to realise he was sitting in the living room and the light elemental was standing right in front of him with a shocked look on his face. "What year is it?"

The light elemental's jaw fell to the ground as his face turned frightened. "What the hell would someone ask that... anyway, it is 2013 December 25..." (A/N: This story is based on an earlier event.)

"2013?!" The lightning elemental jumped up to his feet, scaring Solar to the extent that the latter fell to the ground. "It means... I have travelled one year into the past..." he mumbled to himself.

"What the hell?! What are you talking about? What are you even doing here?" Solar gestured shakily at his brother.

"Well, I just woke up?" Thunderstorm smiled as he tried his best to hide his time travelling secret.

"Just woke up? NO! You freaking just appeared right in front of me! Why would anyone suddenly appear in front of another upon waking up?" Solar wore a shocked look on his face.

Thunderstorm looked at his brother and smiled. "Hey! Hey! You still wear that orange glass! Isn't it thrown?"

"What do you mean 'thrown'? This orange glass is my precious! I'm never going to throw them away!" Solar frowned as he dusted his glass.

"Well... good luck revealing your new red one in your room's top shelf!" Thunderstorm smiled as he walked towards a calendar. "Ooh! It is still here... I thought I threw it in the trash?"

"H-how the... Why would I... I do not have another glass! You know what? You are acting weird! So freaking weird!!" Solar screamed in confusion and shock.

Ignoring the cries of his younger brother, Thunderstorm marvelled at his calendar and stopped. "25 December 2013... 9 A.M. First date?" Thunderstorm blinked several times while staring into blank space.

"You are supposed to meet Cyclone in the mall today... I thought you had gone out?" Solar tried to maintain his composure while walking towards his brother.

Suddenly, Thunderstorm pinned Solar onto the wall. "Which mall?"

"The national mall? Why would you ask me things you told me before?" Solar struggled out of his brother's grasp.

"The national mall?" Thunderstorm said as he glanced at his watch. "It is ten minutes to nine! Shit!! Where's Mama?"

"In the garage? I thought you were talking to him just now?" Solar scratched his head.

"Thanks a lot! Bye!" With that, Thunderstorm zipped away in a flash of red.

"And there is no call for bad language!" Solar cupped his hands and hollered while looking towards his brother. "What the hell is wrong with him? Why would he know I am planning to switch my glass? He can't be from the future, can he?"