Chapter 18

Stiles held me tightly as he ran into the classroom, we sat behind Scott,
Stiles said" Dude, I just talked to my dad, who just talked to Jackson, and I've got really terrible, horrible, very, very bad news." I was staring at Isaac,
Scott said" I think I already know." I nuzzled my face into Stiles' neck, looking at Scotty.

Stiles said" All right, I only found one thing only called the Kanima. It's a werejaguar from South America that goes after murderers."
Scott said" That thing was not a jaguar."
" Yeah, and I'm not exactly a murderer."
" Yeah, but you did see it kill somebody, which is probably why it tried to kill you. And it's still trying to kill you, and it probably won't stop until you're dead." I held onto Stiles' hand tighter, we stopped walking, then started again.
" You know, sometimes I really begin to question this friendship."
I said" Stiles die?" Stiles huffed then looked at Scott, Scott lifted me up into his arms,
He said" No, no way. Because I'm gonna protect Stiles." He rubbed our noses together, I laughed, nodding my head. We walked into their class,
Stiles mumbled" Thanks."
" Always."
We sat down,
Jackson said" Hey, testicle left and right. What the hell is a kanima?"
Coach said" All right, listen up. A quick warning before we begin our review. Some of you, like McCall, might want to start their own study groups, because tomorrow's midterm is so profoundly difficult... I'm not even too sure I could pass it." I played with Tigger in my lap, then Stiles put me on the ground. I hummed Winnie the Pooh, playing with Tigger on my lap, till I heard Stiles.
He said" Because I looked into the eyes of that thing, okay? And what I saw was pure evil. And when I look into Lydia's eyes, I only see 50% evil. All right, maybe 60. You know, but no more than 40 on a good day."
Scott said" Stiles, that's not a very good argument."
" I'm aware of that, but I swear it's not her. It can't be, all right? Lydia's fine." I continued to play, I don't get what they're talking about.
Then I saw Lydia writing something on the board, I tilted my head, Coach said something, everyone was laughing.
Scott said" What is that, greek?"
Stiles said" No, actually, I think it is english." I stood up, scooting onto Scott's lap, Stiles showed Scott his phone.

Scott said" Derek is not gonna kill her without proof."
Stiles said" All right, so he tests her like he did with Jackson, right?" I saw Erica and Isaac, I tugged at Scott's arm," But when and where?" He looked at me, I pointed to them walking in.
" I think here and now." They ran to the table Lydia was at,
Their teacher said" Einstein once said, two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. I myself have encountered infinite stupidity." He pat Stiles' shoulder," So to combat the plague of ignorance in my class, you're going to combine efforts through a round of group experiments. Let's see if two heads are indeed better than one. Or in Mr. Stilinski's case, less than one." He doesn't like Stiles because of daddy," Erica, you take the first station. You'll start with..." people raised their hands," I didn't ask for volunteers. Put your hormonal little hands down. Start with Mr. McCall. All right, next two."

I had my face nuzzled against Stiles' neck, staring at Isaac, I don't get why they're acting different, Scotty doesn't act different.
Stiles said" If you harm one perfect strawberry blonde hair on her head, I'm gonna turn your little werewolf ass into a fur coat and give it to her as a birthday present."
Isaac said" Really? I've never actually been to one of her big, invite-only birthday parties. I did ask her out once though."
" Sounds like the beginning to a heartfelt story. I'm gonna pass, thanks."
" It was the first day of freshman year-"
" And you thought everything was gonna be different for you in high school, but she said no."
" Yeah. Yeah, she even laughed. Told me to come back when the bike I rode to school had an engine, not a chain."
" Mm. Unrequited love's a bitch. Maybe you should write about it in english class, you know? Channel all that negative energy."
" Nah, I was thinking I'd channel it into killing her. I'm not very good at writing."
The teacher said" And switch." Scott sat down, then we saw Isaac sit next to Lydia. Stiles gave me to Scott, trying to get up," If you're trying to test my patience, Mr. Stilinski, I guarantee it'll be a failing grade." He walked away, Stiles pulled me back into his arms, I wrapped my arms around his neck. After a few more minutes," Time. If you've catalyzed the reaction correctly, you should now be looking at a crystal." I saw mush in their jar, I looked at them," Now, for the part that last experiment I'm sure you'll all enjoy... you can eat it."
Scott said" Lydia!"
Lydia said" What?"
" Nothing." I looked at them, this must be bad, something to do with the monster, bad.

We walked into Coach's office,
Scott said" Derek's outside waiting for Lydia."
Allison said" Waiting to kill her?"
" If he think she's the kanima, then yes, especially after what happened at the pool."
Stiles said" It's not her." Stiles put me down, I stood next to him,
" Stiles, she didn't pass the test, man. Nothing happened."
" No, it can't be her."
Allison said" It doesn't matter, because Derek thinks it's her. So either we can convince him, that he's wrong, or we've got to figure out a way to protect her."
Scott said" Well, I really don't think he's gonna do anything here, not at school."
" What about after school? What if we can prove that Derek's wrong?"
Stiles said" By 3:00?"
" There could be something in the bestiary."
" Oh, you mean the 900 page book written in archaic latin that none of us can read? Good luck with that."
" Actually, I think I know someone who might be able to translate it."
Scott said" Uh, I can talk to Derek, maybe convince him to give us a chance to prove that it's not her. But if anything happens, you guys let me handle it, okay?"
" What does that mean?"
" It means you can't heal like I do. I just don't want you getting hurt." Allison grabbed a gun-bow thingy,
" I can protect myself. What? Did something else happen?"
" I just don't want you getting hurt. Seriously, if anything goes wrong, you call me, okay? I-I don't care if your dad finds out. Call, text, scream, yell, whatever. I'll hear you and I'll find you as fast as I can. We have until 3:00." Then he walked away, but grabbed the arrow that was shot at him by Stiles being a dummy.
Stiles said" Ah." He handed it back to Allison." Sorry. Sorry. It's a sensitive trigger on that."

Stiles held me with one arm as we walked out of the library,
Lydia said" If we're doing a study group, why didn't we just stay in the library?"
Stiles said" Because we're meeting up with somebody else."
" Hmm, well, why don't they just meet us in the library?"
" Oh, that would've been a great idea. Too late."
" Okay, hold on-"
Jackson said" Lydia, shut up and walk."
——
We got to Scott's,
Lydia said" If we're studying at Scott's house, then where's Scott?"
Stiles said" Meeting us here, I think. I hope." Stiles held onto my hand as we walked up the porch.
Stiles was locking the door, with every lock, Lydia looked at him,
He said" Uh, there's been a few break-ins around the neighborhood." Then he put a chair under the doorknob, he looked at Lydia," And a murder. Yeah, it was bad."
Jackson said" Lydia, follow me. I need to talk to you for a minute."
She said" Seriously? What is going on with everyone?" They walked away, I looked at Stiles and Allison.

Derek, Isaac, Erica, and Boyd were outside the house, I held onto Stiles' hoodie. Allison got off the phone with Scott,
I said" Stiles?" Allison looked at Stiles then nodded to me,
Stiles said" It's gonna be okay, bubby. Uh... all okay." He lifted me up, looked at Allison," Because Allison won't let anything happen to you, right, Allison?"
Allison said" Definitely, Riley." She ruffled my hair, smiling at me, I smiled, nodding my head.
" See, no reason to be scared, Riley, everything's gonna be okay."

After a little bit,
Stiles said" Oh, jeez. What are you doing?"
Allison said" I think- I think I have to call my dad."
" No, but if he finds you here- you and Scott-"
" I know. What are we supposed to do? They're not here to scare us, okay? They're here to kill Lydia." I looked out the window, Derek, Erica, Boyd. One, two, three.
" I got an idea. Just shoot one of 'em."
" Are you serious?"
" We told Scott we could protect ourselves, so let's do it. Or at least give it a shot, right?"
" Okay."
" Look, they don't think we're gonna fight, so if one of them gets hit, I guarantee they'll take off. So just shoot one of 'em."
" Which one?"
" Uh... Derek? Yeah, shoot him, preferably in the head."
" Scott was able to catch an arrow, Derek definitely can." One, two, three... Derek, Erica, and Boyd. Where is Isaac?
" Okay, uh, just shoot one of the other three than."
" You mean two."
" No, I mean three."
I said" Stiles, One two three, not four."
" Where the hell is Isaac?" Then Allison was thrown, I turned, I growled at Isaac, he pushed me, and threw Stiles. He grabbed Stiles,
" No! Leave Stiles 'lone, Isaac!" I pushed him, my eyes glowed, he got knocked over, he growled at me, I growled back, but heard a bigger growl behind me. Scotty! I ran to Stiles, Scott fought Isaac.

Scott threw Erica and Isaac out the front door, we walked out,
Derek said" I think I'm finally getting why you keep refusing me, Scott. You're not an omega. You're already an alpha of your own pack. But you know you can't beat me."
Scott said" I can hold you off until the cops get here." Then I heard a hiss, I ran to Scott, wrapping my arms around his stomach. Scott grabbed my arm and we ran off the porch, we looked up and saw the monster. I hid behind Scott, then the monster walked away, Lydia came out,
She said" Would someone please tell me what the hell is going on?" I held onto Scott's shirt, looking up at him, so the monster's not Lydia. It's Jackson?