Chapter 62

Stiles said" Hey, bub, come on, let's go."
I said" This early?"
" I need to stop by the station." I got up, walking to him, he grabbed my hand as we walked downstairs.

——We walked into daddy's office, Stiles said" I know his family left town around the time Theo was nine or ten, his older sister got into an accident when he was eight

——
We walked into daddy's office,
Stiles said" I know his family left town around the time Theo was nine or ten, his older sister got into an accident when he was eight."
Daddy said" Please go to school."
" Dad, this kid's a werewolf."
" Your best friend is a werewolf. Your little brother is a werewolf. You are dating a werecoyote. I still don't know what Kira's supposed to be. When the flying monkeys come soaring through this station, you will have my undivided attention. Until then, just go to school."
" What did you do?"
" What? What do you mean, what did I do?"
" There's something different about you."
" What are you talking about?" Stiles let go of my hand and walked closer to daddy.
" What is it? What's different?"
" For the love of god, Stiles, just go to school."
" I will go if you promise to do a full background check of the Raekens."
" No. You know what? Just because I'm the only law enforcement officer who knows anything about this, does not make it my responsibility to do something every time you have a minor suspicion." I giggled, tugging at Stiles' hoodie,
" Except you're not the only one." We looked at Parrish,
" Parrish!"
——
Malia and Stiles were talking, I was skipping next to them,
Malia said" Well, how many speeding tickets do you have?"
Stiles said" None."
" How many would you have if your dad didn't get you out of them?" I jumped at Stiles,
I said" S-Seventeen." Stiles looked down, biting his lip, then looked back up.
" I don't know, Stiles. I mean, I see why you're worried. He's really hot. He's got like great hair, perfect body. You should definitely feel threatened."
Stiles said" Thank you. Because I do. Now more than ever."
" You want me to torture him?"
" No, I don't want you to torture him."
" I'm pretty sure I can take him."
" I have a plan. All right? There are steps to doing this right."
" What steps?"
" We get the story. Verify the facts. You find the piece that doesn't fit and...and catch him in the act. That's how you do it." Then we saw Theo get out of a car, and wave at us,
" Why are you so suspicious of this guy?"
" Because I remember Theo from fourth grade. Okay? That's not Theo." I looked up at Stiles, then bounced while holding his arm.

Stiles said" Riley, find Scotty." I grabbed his hand, then sniffed the air, following Scotty's scent. Once we found him," Hey! You. You're coming with me. Come on."
Scotty said" I've got a free period."
" So do I. And so does Theo Raeken. Let's go." Scotty got up, I held onto Stiles' hand, I smiled at him, he lifted me up, and held me on his hip as he walked faster." Riley, you go tackle Liam or something. You can hear me when I call you back." He put me down, I ran off to find Liam, I huffed, I never get to do big kid stuff.

Once I found Liam, he was with Mason,
Mason said" I'll see you in physics." I walked over to Liam, holding onto his hoodie. He smelled annoyed as the locker closed next to him, I moved my head and saw a girl.
She said" Nice shorts."
Liam said" Yeah, thanks. You know, I was wondering if you were still pissed off about the sixth grade, but I guess you cleared that up."
" I'm not pissed off, Liam. I'm vengeful." She walked away, Liam put his head on his locker, I tilted my head, looking at him.
I said" Liam?" Liam looked at me, smiling," Girls give you cooties." He laughed,
He said" Who said that?"
" Stiles."
" But he and Malia..."
" I don't get it either, Stiles is weird, ya know." He laughed again,
" What are you doing with me, anyways? You're usually always with Stiles."
" They had big kid stuff to do."
" I'm watching you till Stiles calls, huh?"
" Yep!"
" Okay." I tugged his hand, he smiled and ruffled my hair," Did Stiles brush your hair this morning?"
" Stiles."
" That's a no." Liam lifted me over his shoulder," Let's go to his locker and get a brush." We got to Stiles' locker, I opened it, he grabbed the brush and closed it. He put me down and started brushing my hair," Give me a band, I'll put it up." I took a hairband off my wrist and gave it to him, he tied my hair up. I smiled at him, he smiled back and lifted me up over his shoulder again, I giggled. Holding onto his hoodie,
" Don't drop me!"
" Riley, I'm not gonna drop you." I giggled as he tickled my side, I squirmed and held tighter to his hoodie.
——
Stiles and I broke into an office, we walked to the library, and Stiles put the paper down on the table, where Scotty, Kira and Malia were.
Scott said" So, you found something?"
Stiles said" Another signature. This is Theo's dad's signature on a speeding ticket from eight years ago. Now, this is his dad's signature on a transfer form to Beacon Hills High School from just a few days ago."
Kira asked" How did you get his transfer form?"
Scotty asked" Did you break into the administration office?"
Stiles said" No, I did not break into the administration office." They all looked at him," Okay, I might have broken into the administration office. Can we just focus on the signatures, please? They're different."
Malia said" They're sort of different."
" They're completely different. Come on. Look. The garlands don't even match, the undulations of the sinuous stroke are totally off. And look, look at this. Perfect example of the Criminal Tremor."
Kira said" So now, Theo is Theo, but his parents aren't his parents?"
" Someone's not someone. And when I figure out who that someone really is, someone's in big trouble."
Scotty said" But no one's done anything wrong."
" Yet. If Theo's parents are both psychotic killers then obviously, we should not trust him, right?"
Malia said" My parents are Peter and the desert wolf."
" Okay... it's fine. You know what? I'll just figure it out myself. Right? I don't need you or you or you. I don't need anyone!" He walked away, I followed him, looking at him, he looked at me then sighed," Still need you, though, bubby." I smiled and giggled, holding onto his hand.