Chapter 96

We had a plan, Mason was tricking Nolan into " knowing " where we are, but it's a set up. Scott, Malia, Lydia and Argent are at the Argent warehouse to destroy the weapons that Gerard has. I'm with them. Liam and Theo are at an abandoned zoo to bring the hunters there instead of where we are.
Lydia said" It worked."
Malia said" It's about time."
Scott said" Wait." I heard all of the heartbeats, that's not good.
" I hear them, too."
Lydia said" Hear what?"
Scott said" Heartbeats."
Argent said" How many?"
" Ten?"
Malia said" More."
Lydia said" Are we breaking in or not?"
Argent said" Not. The armory should be empty by now."
Malia said" We can take down a few hunters if we have to."
" We're dealing with a dozen well-armed hunters who have orders to kill you on sight."
" Then how are we supposed to get inside?"

Argent turned the car on, Malia reached up and turned it off.
Malia said" Gerard thinks we're gone. It's a good plan."
Lydia said" It's our only plan."
Argent said" And it's not working."
Malia said" We can still do this. Let's vote."
Scott said" Guys, we just need to give Liam and Theo more time."
Argent said" We have ten minutes. 10 minutes before Gerard's people flag this vehicle. Once that happens, we'll be seen as a potential threat."
Malia said" Then what?"
" They'll pay us a visit."
Scott said" You okay?" Lydia was acting different, she must have seen something.
Lydia said" Yeah. I think so."
Argent said" We should call off this mission."
Scott said" Brett and Lori are gone, and Jiang and Tierney are still missing. Gerard's always one step ahead of us. We have to do this now."
" We're too exposed, Scott."
Malia said" You said we had 10 minutes."
" Nine."

Scott went to open the door,
Lydia said" What are you doing?"
Scott said" I'm gonna lure them away so you can get inside." Malia grabbed his hand and locked the door." We need a new plan."
Malia said" Not a dumb one."
" I'll bring the thermite charges."
" We need them for the armory."
Argent said" Explosion will buy you time, but not enough to get in and out safely." I saw the hunters leaving, guess Liam and Theo finally figured something out.
Lydia said" Guys.."
Malia said" How about using the tunnels?"
Argent said" We could get underneath the building, but we'd still need to sneak in undetected."
Lydia said" Guys..."
Scott said" The ventilation system?"
Argent said" Same problem."
Lydia and I said" Guys, they're leaving!" We saw the cars pull away, driving towards the abandoned zoo where Liam and Theo were hiding.
——
We sneaked in, Malia took out a hunter, and Argent shot a camera with paint. We walked into the hallway,
Argent said" The thermite charges will take care of the weapons. Just make sure you're clear before they detonate, okay?" We separated, I was going with Lydia and Argent because Scott thought it'd be too dangerous for me to go with him and Malia.

We got to a surveillance room,
A guy said" You find the problem?" Argent knocked him out,
Argent said" Okay." We watched the screen, Malia took out another guard hunter.
Lydia said" Did you hear a gunshot?"
" No, I didn't hear anything."
" I heard shell casings. I saw your windshield crack and then I heard it shatter. I think you were right. We should've called this off." Argent went to open the door, Lydia put her hand over his." We all have to get out of here."
" Do that and we lose our chance."
" Scott and Malia could die. It's not worth the risk."
" Ten minutes ago, I would've agreed, but right now we're in it and we need to weigh the risk versus reward carefully. If we stay, we could succeed. If we go, we know we won't get another chance. Since one risk is known, and the other unknown..."
" We go with the known." Argent opened the door, I looked at the screen, gulping. Argent got onto the intercom,
" Guys, get out of there now." All the guns were gone, the hunters knew we'd show up. Scotty and Malia stopped," Guys, you need to leave now." They ran to a door and started pulling on it," No, no, no, don't open that door!" Buttons started beeping, I yelped and hid behind Lydia. Argent tried doing something," Nope. Everything's shut down. They're locked in and we can't do anything about it."
" What's this?"
" A motion sensor."
" What does H-2100 mean?"
" H stands for halon. It's a fire suppression system. It'll pull all the oxygen out of the room to put out a fire."
" All of the oxygen? How long can a werewolf hold their breath?"
" I think we're about to find out." I whimpered, holding onto Lydia tighter.

Argent said" Communications are shut down and the room is soundproof."
Lydia said" We need to warn them."
" We are. One of these pipes leads in there." He handed Lydia the clip from his gun, He was up near the pipes on the ceiling. He hit one pipe, we looked at the screen," Anything?"
" Nothing." He hit the next one, I saw Scotty look," I think he hears you." Argent kept hitting the pipe," What are you doing?" The pipe broke,
" Don't trip the sensors." Scott and Malia ran across the room, and jumped. Argent got down and started messing with the wires," If I can bypass the electrical system, I might be able to reset the console." Malia was doing something,
" What the hell is she doing?" Then they both fell,
They were sitting against a beam, Malia hit a lock, it broke and fell, it touched a sensor.
Scotty said" Malia?"
She said" I'm here."
Lydia said" How long do they have?" My eyes started glowing,
Argent said" Minutes."
The radio said" We found Anderson unconscious. We're moving in." Argent moved the screens and we saw hunters coming towards Scotty and Malia.
Lydia said" We have to do something."

Argent threw a fog explosive into the hallway, and shot the lights, I growled and ran into the fog. I grabbed a hunter's leg with my teeth and pulled, they flipped over, I jumped over their body. Argent hit hunters with his gun, I waited at the door, Argent and Lydia ran up.
Lydia said" You said those doors were solid steel."
Argent said" I said they'll stop a bullet, not a banshee." I covered my ears as Lydia started to scream, then she broke the door. I saw Scott and Malia, both still alive, I sighed.
——
Melissa, Argent, Mason, Lydia and I were looking at a map we took from the warehouse.
Argent said" They're nemetons."
Melissa said" What does Gerard want with them?"
Mason said" If they're like the one here, then they're beacons for supernaturals."
Argent said" If you wanted to kill every supernatural creature in the world, these are where you would start."
Melissa said" Well, then Gerard isn't gonna stop with Beacon Hills, is he?"
" He wants the whole world." The door opened,
Agent McCall said" Where's Scott?"
Melissa said" Upstairs. Why?"
" He can't leave. No one can."
" Nice to see that you changed your mind, but I'm afraid to ask why."
" It's Gerard's weapons."
Scott said" Dad?"
" The guns, they've all been distributed legally to the citizens of Beacon Hills. All of them, and at no charge."
" What, he just gave them away?"
Argent said" No. He's arming his army."
Lydia screamed" Get down!" She grabbed me and pushed me down, I heard glass breaking... bullets, shooting, something hit my tummy, and everything went black.