Chapter 40

Coach said something on a megaphone, I stared at him,
Stiles said" That was a triple negative. Very impressive, Coach."
Coach said" Copy that." I ran after Coach, trying to reach the megaphone,  I smiled as he saw me," Mini Stilinski, what?"
I said" I wanna say s'thing!" I looked at him with puppy eyes,
" Oh, fine! Say get to class." He held it over my mouth,
" Get to class!" My voice was bigger, I giggled, I heard students laughing, I smiled and skipped off to Stiles again. I got back to him, Stiles was stopping Scotty,
Scott said" What? I need to talk to her."
Stiles said" No, you need to remember that someone left a coded message telling Barrow to kill her."
" Which is why I need to talk to her."
" Scott, no way. Until we figure out if she's just another psychotic monster that's going to start murdering everybody, I vote against any and all interaction."
" What if she's like me?"
" That girl walked through 1.21 jigawatts of electricity. She's not like you." Scotty walked away, I looked at Stiles, then reached my hand up, he sighed and grabbed my hand.
I said" Trick treat?"
" Dad's taking you." I looked at him, tilting my head," I'm getting you an entire pal of candy, okay? Dad's gonna take you up the street and then back home, okay?"
" What 'm I being?"
" You are being a spider man. No glowing eyes, no claws, no fangs, deal?" I giggled," You're such a little dork!"
——
Stiles helped me put on my costume, I was pouting,
He said" Dude, come on! All I'm doing is sitting in the jeep, you're gonna go have fun and get free candy!"
I said" But I alone!"
" You know we'd never let you go somewhere alone if it was dangerous, okay? The bad guy is gone, we've got no big bads right now, so I think it's safe for you to go trick or treating with our dad, the sheriff!"
" He not aaahooo!"
" But-But you're an aahoo, and you have sharp teeth and sharp claws, you can protect yourself a little."
" But what if it big?"
" Then you run, you run to one of the wolves, okay?
" Not far?"
" Not far at all, okay? It's gonna be okay, Riley."
" Okay."
" And anyways, your were-spiderman! You're the bravest kid on the planet!" I giggled," It'll be okay! It's gonna be fine, just halloween!"
" Okay, Stiles!"
" Good job!" I smiled, and he pushed the mask down my face, I giggled, he lifted me up." And while you're on happy Riley, remember no wolf Riley if there's no danger."
" Okay, Stiles!" He kissed my head, I smiled," Love you!"
" Love you too."

I was trick or treating, running to doors and getting candy! For free! I giggled as I ran back to daddy.
He said" Having fun, little dude?"
I said" Free candy! Look laffy taffy!" I showed him the pieces," Eew! Banana! Here, daddy!" I gave him the banana flavor and ran to the next house.
" Like... son, like son."
" Trick 'r treat!"
A woman said" Aww, a cute little spider man."
" Yep!" She gave me a few pieces of candy, I smiled and ran to the next house. I jumped as a thingy popped out, I growled at it, then shook my head,
I whispered" No wolf Riley." I smiled, and went up to the house, I laughed, smiling widely," Trick or treat!" I ran back to daddy,
He said" You okay, buddy? Got pretty spooked at that pop up?"
" No wolf Riley."
" Wanna keep going or head home?"
" Keep going! Free candy!" He chuckled and nodded, walking as I ran to the next house.

After a few more houses, I yawned and walked to daddy,
He said" Done, little dude?"
I yawned" One more?"
" Little dude, you nearly ate the road." I giggled," Come on, I'll put on  Spookley, and you can even sleep in your costume."
" Yay!" He grabbed my hand, and we walked back home." Eat some candy?"
" Yeah, you can have a few pieces of candy too."
" Yay!"

He put on Spookley,
He said" Hey, I'll be right downstairs, okay?"
I said" Okay! Shh!" He chuckled," Sh! Daddy!" He walked out, I giggled at the square pumpkin, and bounced in Stiles' seat. I rolled around and sat on my side, I smiled and munched on goldfish, and tore open a chocolate bar. I heard something behind me, I turned around and saw nothing, I growled and got up. I circled and then saw more shadows, I growled, looking around. Then I saw people circling me, I yelped, and one of them grabbed me. I started crying, I squirmed and felt something pinch me. I fell to the ground, shaking really hard, I don't like this!
I woke up, I growled then ran to Stiles' window, I pushed it open and jumped out. I got up, running, with my hands and feet, I breathed heavily, I need wolf! I need wolf! I tripped, rolling onto the ground, I cried, then got back up, running faster.

I crashed into someone,
I heard Derek say" Riley?" I was lifted up, I nuzzled into the warmth, my eyes closed." Riley?!" I gripped at his shirt, nuzzling my face against his neck.
I heard Derek scream" Get out!" I couldn't stop shaking,
Aiden said" Guys, they're all looking at me. Why are they all looking at me? Guys?" Derek put me down, I saw the scary men, I yelped and looked for comfort. I ran to Allison, I held onto her legs, digging my face into her side. I saw Isaac bring out his claws, and one of them pulled a sword out of it's chest.
Allison said" Somebody do something!" Then they did something to Aiden, the sun came up, and they went away.
I said" Scott!" I ran to Scott, digging my face into his tummy,
Scott said" What the hell were those things?"
Isaac said" Your dad's 24 hours are up." Scott lifted me up into his arms, I nuzzled my face against his neck, whimpering.