Chapter 32

Scott said" Two missing-"
Daddy said" Hang on, hang on. They were both in the car?"
Stiles said" No, dad, they're trying to tell you that it was two separate kidnappings, okay? Two doctors, both gone."
" So whose car is this?"
Melissa said" Dr. Hilyard, the on-call doctor. The ER attending is the one that never made it in."
" Let me just focus on getting your story first, all right?"
" Yeah."
" Boys, give us a second." We walked away from them,
Scott said" These are definitely sacrifices, right?"
Stiles said" Yeah, it's one Deaton mentioned: healers."
" What about Danny? He threw up mistletoe. That's not a coincidence. And he hadn't been with Ethan, he probably would've died. Danny's not a healer."
" I... can you hear that?"
" They found a body."
——
I heard a camera click, I whined, then fell off my bed, I yelped,
I heard Stiles say" Oh, god... come'er." He lifted me up," Why were you laying on your bed like that?" I shrugged, he shook his head," Come on, let's get those teeth brushed."

Their teacher said" Good morning. As you all know Mr. Harris is still missing- I mean, sick. Anyway, I'm filling in while we all hope and pray for a more qualified substitute to take my place. Okay, so let's get started, shall we?"
Stiles whispered" Hey, my dad said that the ER attending wasn't strangled but did die from asphyxiation. They just don't know how."
Scott whispered" Do you think the on-call doctor could still be alive?"
" I don't know... but, Scott, there's got to be at least 20 other doctors in that hospital- at least, you know? Any one of them could be next." I wiped my nose with my arm, Scott's phone vibrated," Ew, Riley." I shrugged, looking at him, I laid my head on his shoulder. Scotty left, Stiles called daddy then we left to go meet up with Scotty.

Daddy said" All right, we're gonna do everything we can. Right now, the best thing you can do is go back to school." Scotty nodded away from daddy, Stiles lifted me up, we walked into another room.
Scott said" We have to tell him."
Stiles said" You mean, like, tell him, tell him, or tell him something else that isn't telling him what I think you wanna tell him?" Stiles put me down, I looked at them,
" You know what I mean."
" You remember how your mom reacted? She didn't look you in the eye for, like, a week."
" And she got over it, and-and it actually made us closer."
" I don't know, dude. I mean, look at him. Come on, he's completely overwhelmed as it is."
" He's overwhelmed because he had no clue what's happening. He's got people dying in his town, the town that he's supposed to protect, and it's not his fault that he doesn't know what's happening. He's gonna find out sooner or later."
" Yeah, but is now really the right time?"
" What if not telling him now gets someone else killed?"
" What if telling him gets him killed, huh? I mean, okay, look, I get that Deaton's been like a father to you. I get that, okay? But this is m- Scott, this is my actual father. I can't... I can't lose both of my parents, all right? Not both of them."
" You're right."
" No, I'm not. I'm not right. I'll tell him."
" I'll help you." Stiles grabbed my hand as we walked out the door,
A woman said" Please, whatever you need, however you can help find my brother."
Daddy said" Will you excuse us for a moment?" Daddy and a deputy walked away,
" Listen closely, both of you. No sheriff, deputy, or detective is going to be able to find him."
Scott said" You don't have to ask us for help."
" Actually, I'm trying to help you, because, if you're going to find my brother, then you need to use the one person who might actually have an ability to seek out the supernatural."
Stiles said" Lydia."

We got back to the school, Stiles held me on his hip as he went to find Lydia, we found her in Coach's office with Cora, Derek's sister.
Stiles said" Let go. I said, let go." Then he texted Scotty to tell him we found her.
We went to a classroom,
Lydia said" A Ouija board?"
Stiles said" Also called a spirit board, and it's worth a shot."
" A shot in the dark."
" Could you just try it, please, okay? Let's not forget who this is for- Scott's boss, the guy who has saved our collective asses on more than one occasion."
Cora said" Oh, wait, should we all do this?"
" Yeah, yeah." They put their fingers on the moving thingy," You guys ready?"
Lydia said" Yeah."
Cora said" Yes."
Stiles said" Where's Dr. Deaton?"
Lydia said" What?"
" Aren't you gonna answer it?"
" Oh, I don't know the answer. I thought we were asking some sort of spirit."
Cora said" Well, do you know any spirits?"
" Is she for real?" Stiles put the weird board away and got out Scott's boss' keys.
Stiles said" Okay, these are Deaton's keys for the clinic. Close your eyes, and I'm gonna put 'em in your hand, and then we're just gonna try and see if you can feel out for his location. It's called Psychometry."
" I'm not a psychic."
" You're something! Okay? Just Lydia, put out your hand, and..." Lydia put out her hand, Stiles put the keys in her hand," What?"
" They're cold."
" Lydia, concentrate, please? Trying to save lives here, for the love of god. What is it? What do you see?"
" Nothing." I sat on the floor, rubbing my eyes, I yawned then laid down, falling asleep.

Stiles was going to get Danny's stuff,
He said" Okay, Riley, you're gonna stand right here, and wait for me to come out, okay?"
I said" Okay."
" Good job." He ruffled my hair before sneaking into Danny's hospital room, I looked down and waited.
We were walking out of the hospital,
Stiles said" Well, we might not have to. Danny was doing a project on something for Mr. Harris's physics class, and I think it actually something. Something on telluric currents. Yeah." We started walking again, he was walking really fast,
I said" Stiles!"
" Sorry, sorry." He lifted me up, then walked faster.

We were at the clinic,
Cora said" Okay, so, what does this kid's homework have to do with finding Deaton?"
Stiles said" Because it's not just homework, okay? It's a project on geomagnetic fields. They flow through the earth. They can even be affected by lunar phases, all right? Now, look at this. This is a note from Harris on Danny's proposal."
Lydia said" I strongly advise you to choose another subject. The ideas here, while innovative and thoughtful, border on pseudo-science. Not suitable for class."
Scott said" Harris wasn't just a sacrifice. He knew something."
Stiles said" Now, check this out. Allison's dad wasn't the only one with a map, all right? Danny had one too. Danny marked all of the telluric currents, okay? Now, the weird thing about Beacon Hills is that it actually is a Beacon. You wouldn't believe how much energy flowing through the earth is around this town."
" Stiles, look, they match. All right, there's three places, right? Where they're kidnapped, and then the place where their body was found."
Lydia said" Look, that's right on the telluric current."
" So, maybe where he was sacrificed is somewhere in between."
Stiles said" Let me see that. You said there's six more bodies to be found. Deaton's one of them. Got to be somewhere in between, right?"
Cora said" Stop. He's in the vault. He's in the same vault." We started leaving,
Lydia said" Guys, hold on."
Scott said" Lydia, we don't have time."
Cora said" It's Boyd. The plan didn't work. They cut the power."
" It's Just like he said. Go. I can save Deaton myself."
Stiles said" What? Scott, what about us?"
" Cora can't get there fast enough without you. Go. We can save both of them."
" All right, let's go."

We got to a room with a lot of switches,
Stiles said" Okay, what do we do?"
Cora said" Pull all of them." They started pulling all of the switches, Stiles texted Isaac. We went up to Derek's loft, Stiles covered my eyes when we got there, he put my hands over my eyes and put me down. Then I was turned around, I knew it was Lydia, my arms wrapped around her tummy.