Season 1: Episode 5-Alec

Clary's stick clatters to the floor. "You need to work on your defense." I say, helping her up. Jace and Izzy went on a mission and I got stuck babysitting her. Jace told me I had to. We talked earlier today and apparently he thought it was just a brotherly love at Magnus's when the demon showed his picture. Good. I help Clary up. "What do you think? Do you think we haven't been trying to find your mother?" My attention snaps back. She's acting like a child, saying that I should disobey orders and try to get Valentine myself. Such an idiot. She keeps going on about being my own leader. She doesn't understand anything. But she mentioned that box with JC on it. Huh. Maybe I can try to get some more information out of her.
"Where can we find the box?" I ask, knocking her stick out of her hands again.
"I think it's still back at the loft. Let's go get it." Just like a child. I shake my head. My phone rings.
"Absolutely not. Not without permission. Just..." I hold a hand up to her and answer my phone, walking away. "Hello? Who is this?" I don't have time to talk right now.
"Alexander. Hi. It's Magnus. We met the other day. You know, with the demon." Magnus.
"Uh, yeah... Yeah, hey, what's up?" I answer. I walk further away. Clary can wait. I wonder what he wants. Maybe he's got another idea of how to get the memories back.
"I was just thinking it was really nice getting to know you. You seem... sympathetic. Would you like to go out for a drink some time?" What is he talking about? Wait. Is he asking me on a date? I blush a little.
"That sounds fun, um... When?" I smile.
"How about right now?"
"Um..." Right now? I look back to check on Clary. She's gone. Shit. "You know, now's not really a good time for me. Another time? Gotta go." I hang up and rush down the hall to find her. I got asked on a date. This was a first.