010. THEATRICS

THEATRICS
YOU

THEATRICS were something that Jo March held close to her heart

THEATRICS were something that Jo March held close to her heart. She was an author, she was a playwright- her sisters bringing her words to life with their small performances that they would sometimes put on. So when the proposition of going to the theatre to watch a play was made by Laurie- Jo jumped at the chance.

"Jo, you must hurry- we need to leave!" Penelope shouted up the stairs and into the attic. Penelope rolled her eyes when she got no response, she knew that Jo would have been in her own little world, words surrounding her brain like stars in an open sky.

"Don't even worry about her Penelope, worry about me," Amy pulled her away from the stairwell, back into the living room where the remainder of the March sisters sat, "Why can't I know where you're going?" She whined. Amy had been begging all night to know why Penelope was over and where the night would take her and her two older sisters. Penelope's heart ached for the young girl, she knew she meant well- but tonight was a festivity for invitation only.

"I'm so sorry my dear Amy-" Penelope coddled her, wrapping her arm around the significantly shorter girl- "But-"

"Jo! Jo, where are you? I can't find my other glove!" Meg's frantic voice startled Penelope and Amy's conversation.

"Take mine!" Jo shouts back down the stairs. Penelope quickly nuzzled into Amy, whilst trying to remember where she had left her cape. Jo bounded down the stairs- she passed her pair of gloves off to Meg before pulling Penny up from her seat next to Amy.

"We're going to be late!" Meg worried, trying to get everything together- Penelope and Jo were significantly calmer than her, only making her more anxious.

"Where are you going?" Amy whined once more, grabbing Penelope's arm. She knew that if she could get it out of one of the three girls that it would be Penelope.

"You're not invited," Jo pulls Penelope's arm out of Amy's grasp, dusting her off.

"You're going somewhere with Laurie, I know it!" Amy stood, her newly painted shoes stomping on the wooden floorboards of the March home. Penelope took a step away and started her own private conversation with Beth about the song that she had been playing.

"Yes, we are, now stop bothering," Jo shot a glare at Amy- "Here-" Jo pulled Penny's cape over her shoulders. She thanked her with a smile.

"Penelope, do you have the tickets?" Meg looked up at Penelope, she watched as the younger girl grabbed her coin purse, pulling their three entrance passes out.

"Yes she does! Now hurry up," Jo rushed Penelope and herself towards the front of the house.

"You're going to the theatre with Laurie!" Amy shouted, following behind before turning to her eldest sister, "Meg, please, can I come?"