One

"Dude seriously, you need to get laid

"Dude seriously, you need to get laid. Tonight is the night."

Seth found himself experiencing so much tension inside his jaw from clenching it harder than necessary, here we go again. Waltzing into a club, occupying the bar and ordering a fine round of silver bullet shots, an unusual shooter which combines two spirits—scotch and gin—typically making an appearance in more graceful and strongest shots you could ever taste was now somewhat a weekend routine.

"Marianne, don't start. Today I'm not in the mood." Seth sighed deeply before sliding onto the barstool. "Just the usual, Joey." He announced to the bartender who then granted him a bright smile before starting to work on his order.

"Come on," Marianne nudged Seth's shoulder as she claimed the seat right next to him. If there's one thing Seth knew about his best friend: she was persistent as hell. She wouldn't let anything slide and right now all he wanted was a strong buzz which would lead him straight to curl inside his little hole up. "I can tell you're sexually famished, my guy. I mean, what's really your problem? You're far from being unattractive and you could shovel any guy of your choice at any given time."

"Can we have a nice after-work bar conversation that doesn't involve me shoving my dick anywhere?"

Marianne clicked her tongue before chuckling. "Whatever, just know the whole crankiness you've got going on for these past few days is not your most attractive feature. It's a little—annoying. Signs and symptoms of sex drought."

Seth sucked in a sharp breath. "Yeah, yeah, whatever you say."

"Did you catch a weird rash on your penis or something?" Marianne went on to ask in all seriousness.

So much for not talking about dicks.

Seth almost choked on his drink. "What the hell? No! I don't have a weird rash on my penis thank you very much. I just, it's... I'm really not interested in sex right this moment. Big deal?"

"Nah, it just got me thinking. This whole defensiveness is giving I contracted an STI."

This is not how he'd planned spending the night after long hours of covering the ER at Sullivan teaching hospital, a number one rated trauma center in San Francisco. During intern year Seth was overwhelmed by the tense, frenetic atmosphere and enormous work load inside the emergency room which was commonly referred as—purgatory for interns.

Being a second year resident in general surgery came with a lot of sacrificial consequences. Mostly, it chowed down all his time and energy but Seth did not see himself in any other profession despite everything. It wasn't easy, and it was never meant to be easy otherwise everyone would be a freaking doctor.

"Five o'clock alert, that guy's been eyeing you for quite some time now. He's smokin' hot too, he's got those unique Mediterranean features on him." She spoke so close to Seth's ear—as if.