Five

Leonardo knew for sure he was pretty awful to Dr

Leonardo knew for sure he was pretty awful to Dr. Mickelson this afternoon during his valve replacement surgery. The guilt gnawed his chest up to a point of slowly seeping inside his brain—it was deleterious. Seth's face had killed him. He looked—shattered.

The guilt was messing with his sanity and there was no one else to blame but him. Sometimes a guy needs to do what he's gotta do. "Nice guys finish last." Leonardo was familiar with this widely believed maxims of dating. Fleshed out, the main idea is everyone wants nice characteristics in a partner, but in reality what they really want is a challenge that comes with dating an asshole.

Leonardo was being an asshole for a total different reason though, he wanted to shelve Seth as far away from him as he could. There was something about getting it on with someone you know is unattainable that just feels hotter. It's like a forbidden fantasy—Seth was a forbidden fantasy. He was like a primal force that attracted Leonardo to him despite him knowing the two of them couldn't happen. He wasn't going to be that horny boss chasing down his subordinates for a one nighter between the sheets, hell he was way better than that.

Was he any better?

Leonardo tried to push the whole incident at the back of his head, to leave the past behind but he couldn't do it. The Italian stood idle inside his double glazed glass office watching Seth through the one way windows as he dissolved into another faceless crowd of San Francisco.

If there's one thing the man could ever wish for at that very moment was a time machine. Leonardo wanted to go back in time and rectify his mistake, he wanted to retract his words. He wanted to kiss that sadness away. Can you stop already? That night was a mistake and you know that.

"Cazzo! Cazzo! Cazzo!" The attending was frustrated, he found himself cussing in his native language and thanks to those sound proof walls no one was able to hear him at the verge of losing his mind.

"What the hell have I done?" Leonardo asked himself for the umpteenth time. The only thing stopping him from pulling his hair was actually the size, he had gotten himself a nice hair trim and a facial too so he was only left with clenching his hands into tight fists causing the knuckles to whiten.

Leonardo was ultimately absorbed in his hay-wired  thoughts to notice Dr. Brad slipping inside his office. The neurosurgeon was far from looking pleased, he was very disappointed and never bothered to mask his scowl.

"I heard what happened in the OR today." Brad sighed, tossing his lab coat on the visitor's couch followed by unbuttoning his engraved cufflinks and rolling the sleeves of his shirt up to his elbows. "What were you even thinking Leonardo? You know how that shit can destroy a resident's confidence, forever."

I wasn't thinking—that's the fucking problem, Brad.

"Everyone is talking about it," Brad added as if to infuriate Leonardo more. He was doing a good job at fueling the Italian man's guilt. "You know Seth is actually a good doc—"