Four

It's been a fortnight since Dr

It's been a fortnight since Dr. Bravucci joined Sullivan Teaching Hospital as the new chief of surgery.

Already the Italian surgeon had marked his territory, he oozed of an effortless charm that left everyone speechless during his introductory speech. His presence just had to be felt. Leonardo's aura demanded respect without him saying anything. The respect that his co-workers already showed him was like that of an aged bottle of wine, it became stronger and more robust by each passing day. It was almost impossible for his colleagues to not admire him.

Seth also had a high opinion of Dr. Bravucci though in those past two weeks he had done everything in his power to stay clear of the Italian—probably a good thing for both of them considering...

During lunch break, Seth was sitting with his usual squad of residents in the hospital cafeteria at a secluded table where they'd unintentionally claimed for themselves a few years back. The cafeteria might've been Seth's favorite place in the hospital, he loved the casualness that hovered around the place.

Today wasn't any different and the cafeteria was so dense and stagnant making it easy for any piece of salacious gossip to sweep through with an indecent efficiency. The topic of discussion was of course he who shall not be named—the new hot chief. As Seth was absently staring into space, twirling a ketchup dripping fry a laugh suddenly rippled, piercing the not so silent room. For some reason everyone at the table was gasping in between heavy giggles.

Do I have ketchup on my face or something?

Seth frowned, "If you idiots are done you might as well share the joke."

Ed was the first one to recover from his fit. A wild grin slithered on his features while the others were still trying to stifle their breathless heaves. "Vera thinks Dr. Bravucci might be into cock since he's always scowling at females nurses and residents willing to drop soaking lacy panties for him." Ed had the audacity to look sheepish after spewing those unfiltered words.

Seth snorted. It was more of a nervous guffaw. For some weird reason his heart beat decided to pick up pace. Stop being dramatic! He managed to keep a blank expression. "That's ridiculous, maybe if the said females in this hospital stopped being too obvious with their thirst he'd actually be interested. It's not as attractive when everything's just thrown to your face like that." Seth shrugged, munching on a fry nonchalantly.

Only if you knew how good he is at sucking—

Just the dirty thought had Seth twitching inside his scrubs. He bit down on his bottom lip hoping no one took notice of his excitement.

"Seth has a point you know?" Dr. Vera McAllister, an orthopedics attending who hanged with residents since her boyfriend was one, too, chimed in yet again. "But one thing you should know about me is my gaydar is never wrong."

There was silence just for a couple of minutes. Whatever thought swirling in each surgeon's head on that table was best known to themselves. Seth didn't know how to react to that not so off the rails piece of information from Vera but pretending not to be interested in the discussion was a very good idea at that point.