Nine

A white ball was shot and pool balls ricocheted off of each other before dramatically entering into a couple of pockets at the edge of the pool table

"Down to two, you're so dead!"

Leonardo scoffed at his brother's words. He curled his fingers around his cue stick, bending over the table to get himself a better shooting angle. It was all about precision and focus. The black ball then rolled in a suspenseful speed before sinking into one of the  left pockets.

"In your face!" Leonardo bellowed, closing it off with a stolen win.

"It was just this once." Giovanni rolled his eyes, clearly annoyed with how the game had tuned out.

"I could beat you in my sleep, in fact, I already did that."

Giovanni chuckled shaking his head in utter disbelief. Leonardo was not even that good at pool, luck was just on his side today. "Such an arrogant prick."

"Why don't you step up and prove me wrong?" Leonardo egged on his brother.

"Is that a challenge?"

There was an infectious grin plastered on Leonardo's face. "Only if you're not chickenshit."

The timbre and confidence in Leonardo's voice raised a cacophony of hollers from Brad and Aiden who were paying attention to the exchange while drinking scotch on the bar stools.

"My money's on Gio. If you lose, you pay me back!" Aiden was buzzing, eager to witness the twins thrashing each other in a pool game. "So I guess that leaves Brad with Leonardo."

"I never agreed to betting any money." Brad had to put it out there, just in case.

Giovanni instantly dissolved into fits of laughter. "Your doctor friend is doubting your potential Leo. That's a sign for you to quit before you embarrass yourself."

Leonardo growled in full determination. "Shut up and rack the balls."

The tone would've made a weakling shrivel but not Giovanni. He met Leonardo's gaze with a smirk knowing he had a better chance of winning.

"Sure, we're not in a rush now, are we?" Said Giovanni.

Aiden opened a nicotine gum strip and chewed on it while he waited for the game to commence. These men knew how to have some fun despite the whole leonine power which always aired around them.

"Game on boys!" Brad cheered.

The game was quite intense with both opponents trying so hard not to lose any slight opportunities. Aiden's phone however went off disrupting the well build up silence.