Three

Everything that could possibly sparkle, did

Everything that could possibly sparkle, did. The air had pure fragrance, not overly sterile but just clean. In the background played soft music to give patients a good emotional boost. The hospital was simply enthralling considering it was a public teaching hospital.

"Is everything up to your expectations, Dr. Bravucci?" A fairly short nurse with freckles splattered across her full cheeks and a curly bob politely inquired from the supposedly new chief of surgery who was completely rapt in the tour being given.

Leonardo had nothing specific to complain about. Sullivan Teaching Hospital was one of the greatest places any sane surgeon would ever want to be. It was one of the most trusted medical facility and well known for their unconditional love and absolute dedication to medicine. He scanned the place taking in the scenery in front of him, very much impressive.

Leonardo's mouth morphed into a smile that usually left most straight women swooning and the nurse was clearly not an exception. She suppressed a shy smile of her own and Leonardo could already tell from her rosy blush that she fancied him. 

"I can work with this, nurse Rosanna." Dr. Bravucci replied gently as he inspected the modernized office he was going to be taking over from Dr. Vince. "You think I'll be fine here?"

The nurse wasn't expecting him to ask her for an opinion concerning the hospital and that made her turn even redder. "I—I think the hospital in general is fine though it could use a simple touch of your elegance."

"Hmm," he hummed mindlessly. "That can be arranged. Thanks really, nurse Rosanna."

"Okay, I guess I'm done here. Unless there's something else you want me to help you with?" The nurse said, her eyes voyaging around the chief's chest area and below his belt.

"I don't think there's anything else you can help me with. But I do appreciate your kindness."

"Are you sure there's nothing else?"

Leonardo's face contorted into a frown. He was used to people endlessly flirting with him but this was going to be hard if his co-workers didn't show some form of boundaries. He needed to instill boundaries. "

"Like I said before, there's nothing else you can help me with, nurse Rosanna. I don't fuck my co-workers, even if I did. You're not really my type. No offense whatsoever."

The nurse's mouth was almost too dry to speak after being called off straight up like that, she nodded grimly. "None taken."

"Great." Leonardo said, and the nurse scuttled back to her previous duties.

Ten minutes sailed by and Leonardo sat inside his new office as he patiently waited for Dr. Brad. Leonardo had a lot to digest and a lot to get accustomed to. The sudden change of environment was something he hadn't planned himself. He was very content in his private surgical practice located at the heart of Los Angeles and had never accommodated the idea of ever leaving the place—it was home.