Six

"Maybe you should leave

"Maybe you should leave."

The post-coital glow had faded earlier than anticipated. Leonardo was not even subtle about wanting his partner out of his way as soon as possible. There was not even that blissful feeling of warmth and connectedness. It was just sex, nothing more.

"Why are you acting so distant today?" Chase asked, cradling his warm arms around a still naked Leonardo who had already claimed half of the bed for himself. "You didn't even come, did I do something you didn't like?" The worry in the man's voice was highly detectable. "It was the fingering, wasn't it?"

Chase was at his prime, probably around thirty maybe more. He had the perfect model height, highlights of a toned physique, nothing bulky or extreme but just the right size and his sandy blond hair flopped over his piercing crystal blue eyes. It made perfect sense that he was an underwear model for Hugo. The guy was quite the heartthrob. 

"You did nothing wrong, okay?"

"But you didn't like it," Chase cursed under his breath. "I should've asked you first."

"It's not about that."

Chase stared at Leonardo's dark eyes that were completely void of emotion. They were just an endless sea of black. He felt emotionally paralyzed, all his feelings were basically in a mental midlife crisis. He didn't know what to think or feel.

"Who is he?" Chase flicked his eyes at the stoic man lying on his belly beside him. His demeanor remained calm though his eyes were demanding.

"What are you even on about?" Leonardo's voice was dripping with annoyance.

"Clearly there's someone else, so at least tell me who he is!" Chase was losing his shit. The words were spilling out of quivering lips and his blue eyes had lost their hostility becoming glossy instead.

They'd been hooking up for a very long time and Chase had somehow gotten used to the idea of having the Italian to himself. That wasn't the case though, and Chase knew that too.

Then all at once Chase's face buckled, his breathing became momentarily shallow and tears started to stream. "I don't get it, Leonardo. After all these years I thought maybe..."

"Orsetto..." Leonardo sighed deeply, forcing himself to sit up straight.

"Stop calling me stupid cute names!" Chase detonated, he was already a ticking bomb at the verge of explosion.

"Okay...okay...okay," Leonardo threw both his hands up in mock surrender. "Chase, look at me." The model was not in the mood to talk, he was busy sulking and feeling sorry for himself. 

Leonardo's movements were unhurried, uncoordinated and deliberate as he unwrapped himself from the sex reeking sheets. He didn't care less that he was waltzing bare ass naked as he disappeared into his closet to find himself some comfortable sweats and a basic round neck H&M white shirt.