~12~

CHAPTER TWELVE.

"Hey..." I answered awkwardly like I always do. I didn't expect him to say more so when he stayed in front of me with a small smile, it was weird. "Hum...where's Ivan?"

"Are you coming to Eugene's party?"

I gave him a confused look. Why is he trying to start a conversation now. "Isn't that in like two weeks?"

"Yea." He shrugged. "It is but are you coming?"

I walked into the sitting room and sat down on a love couch. He was wise enough to not sit beside me. "I don't know..."

He beamed. "You should come. Eugene throws the best party, trust me you'll have the time of your life."

"But isn't the party for like seniors and juniors only?"

He laughed and I frowned. What's so funny? "Where do you get that idea?!"

Why not ask Siri?

He must have noticed my hard glare because he shut the hell up and cleared his stupid throat. Don't ask me, I honestly don't know why I'm mad at him.

The kiss Ams, you're angry because he rejected you after he kissed you back when you kissed him.

Riigght.

"Where's Ivan?" I asked again.

"Are you mad at me Ams?" Is this guy for real? And who gave him the nerve to call me Ams?

I was about to give him a very sassy and sarcastic answer when stupid  Ivy interrupted me. "Hey Ams, how's your date?" Of course the idiot had to wink.

"It wasn't a date." I answered dryly. Arthur's drool-able face had put me in a fowl mood.

"So are you coming? Eugene invites every living thing to his party."

I gave him a blank look. "Good to know. At least I could bring Pearl with me." I said in a monotone.

"Pearl?"

"The sneaky white cat that runs around." Ivan said and I gave him my hardest glare. How dare he talk about my baby like that. "What?"

Is this guy for real? "Pearl isn't sneaky! Do you want to die!!"

He raised his hands just above his shoulders, "someone is in a foul mood." He muttered before sitting beside  Arthur, away from me but that just earn him a pinning glare. He ignored me. "You were talking about a party," he faced Arthur.

"Uh, yeah. I was just telling Amber here to come to Eugene's New year party." He said and when Ivan just glared at him, he said "The one on the night of new years eve..."

Oh Arthur...little naive Arthur...Ivan is about to enter protective brother mode. Never mention inviting me to a party to my brother. "I know what Eugene's stupid new year party is!! I'm not daft or something! Why in the living dinosaur will you invite my baby sister to a party where there would be alcohols, drunk perverts that are too strung for her and way too many people!!"

Gee thanks Ivan, you make me look sound like pathetic claustrophobic five years old. It is the way I've always wanted to be seen. I would have said just that if I wasn't enjoying the terrified and confused look on Arthur's face. Serves him right.

"L-Living dinosaur?" Oh right, I forgot to mention that protective Ivan does not swear.

"Never heard of it?! Don't look at me like that!" He snapped.

I laughed. "Leave him alone Ivy, the guy look as if he's ready to piss his pants anytime now." Arthur turned a shade of red and laughed awkwardly. "Besides do you always have to embarrass me?"

He snorted. "You say that as if this is not the first time and who lives to embarrass the shit out of Ivy?." He mimicked my statement some weeks earlier.

I gave him a look. "OK, I realised three things out of that sentence. First, when you snort, you sound like a pig. Second,  you are a big idiot and third, you are either a big liar or you stupidly lost your memory." I stated with Ivan glaring at me while I have a grin on my face. "Don't you remember  when Poppy invited me to her eighteenth birthday? You were exactly just like this except you look a lot dumber then."

"I thought you were pleased. You were smiling remember?"

"That's only because you were making a fool out of yourself."

"Bullshit."

"Love you too bro."

Ivan sighed. "Highschool parties aren't exactly safe Ams, there is alcohol and perverts, then perverts high on alcohol so..." I smiled because he's trying to be a good brother not that he isn't anyway.

But of course I had to spoil everything. "Thanks for making Arthur know I've never been to a party before and that I'm such a baby." I said sarcastically. "You were such a nerd." He said and I glared at him then continued. "But it is also so cool that you care Ivy. It is so sweet."

He smiled. "So you're not going to the party?"

Arthur and I groaned. "You're so annoying."

"You're such an idiot dude."

He shrugged. "Mhe... You guys love me anyway."

"You wish." We both said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

INEVITABLE AUTHOR'S NOTE.

OK I know some of you always skip this, but anyway....

This is another chapter though it has been a long time since I've updated. I hope you like it and the new book cover. VOTE and COMMENT. Love y'all.

xoxo.