Leave a message

Title: leave a message

Summary: Hannah leaves you a voicemail the night before she dies

Word count: 367

Your window was open, a cold breeze blowing through the room

Your window was open, a cold breeze blowing through the room. You shifted slightly in your sleep until you heard your phone ding. It woke you so you checked your phone

𝘏𝘦𝘭𝘮𝘦𝘵: 𝘖𝘩 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘠/𝘯 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘰𝘬𝘢𝘺? 𝘐'𝘮 𝘴𝘰 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘵𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘈𝘚𝘈𝘗

Before you could respond you saw another message this one was from Hannah💙. You checked seeing it was an email you grabbed your headphones and started listening.

"Hey y/n it's uhm...it's me Hannah. I just wanted to tell you that I really love you and none of this was your fault"

You furrowed your brow in confusion.

"You'll always be a part of me and I never wanted to hurt you. If you're hurt tomorrow then just know I'm so sorry. Don't listen to the tapes. You're not on them so just don't no matter what promise me you won't listen to the tapes."

What the fuck what tapes.

"I love you but I've got to let you go to just let everything go goodbye Y/n"

beep beep. The end. Out of pure confusion you called Clay. When he answered you knew he had been crying it was clear in his voice and every once in a while he'd choke out a heart wrenching sob

"Oh god y/n are you okay?"

"What. Why wouldn't I be where's Hannah"

"You haven't heard?"

"No what the fuck happened Clay"

"Y/n she died last night"

You didn't answer him even when he called your name. You didn't bother to hang up just breaking out into sobs. You flung the door open and ran outside not bothering to change out of your shorts and holey and ripped t-shirt. You ran to the Bakers house the door was already open, You bee-lined for Hannah's room. The bed was made, Her phone discarded on the dresser. All neat as if someone had spent all night cleaning the room. You took a step inside and saw on Hannah's bed, Her mother's nice blue dress she had been wearing covered in blood. You covered your mouth and started to sob.
  She was gone and all you had left of her was a message.