I really did love you.

Summary: You go to Clay's house to collet your things after a break up.

Word count: 323

You walked into the house, He must have been alone his parents weren't there neither was Justin

"Clay? I'm here"

"Coming"

You stood in his kitchen and waited, He walked down his stairs. Barefoot, His hair a mess, His eyes slightly puffy.

"Come on it's all uhm...upstairs"

You nodded and clutched your keys in your hand, It hurt when the metal dig into your skin but that was okay. You deserved to feel that pain.

A grocery bag lay on his bed, Your clothes and simple belongings you'd left scattered around his house in the bag.

"It's all here. I shouldn't find anything else but if I do I'll have Tony give it too you"

"Okay"

You grabbed the bag and stared at him sadly. You wanted to speak but it just wasn't your place.

"You can go now Y/n"

"I'm sorry clay"

"Just...just get out"

His voice started cracking and you knew he was fighting back tears.

"Please just go"

You nodded and turned around,

"I just don't understand how you could do this" he muttered

"I was drunk clay. I never meant for this to happen and if I could take it all back I swear on my life I would. I'd do it in a fucking heartbeat. He meant nothing to me. He means nothing to me"

"Yeah well Y/n I obviously didn't either"

"Don't be that way"

"You can't tell me how to fucking be anymore!"

You both went silent, Their was a long pause, You shivered from the cold air blowing in his room. You sucked in a harsh breath realizing you had pierced the keys so hard you'd bled. Clay had covered his eyes with both hands.

"I really did love you clay."

"I know"

Tears were running down both of your cheeks. Oh how you wanted to hug him, To even just kiss him one last time. But you'd lost that privilege.