Chapter 7

I woke up much earlier than I wanted after staying up unreasonably late the night before. I laid awake for hours after parting with Anakin. My concern for him nagged at me excessively until I somehow managed to drift off to sleep.

After laying in my bed and staring at the ceiling for an extended period of time, I get up and make my way to the bathroom. I shower, change into my Jedi robes, and tie up my hair before stopping to look at myself in the mirror. For the first time in a long time, I actually pay attention to the way I look. I've always hated the way my hair looks in its normal slicked-back ponytail. I wanted to style it in a way that seemed more me, but that would suggest I care about my appearance.

Ignoring my previous thoughts, I make my way out to the kitchen. Neither Anakin nor Padme is awake yet, but the workers of the house have already prepared an extravagant selection of breakfast foods. It's much different to the sludge I'm usually served at the Temple's mess halls. They have a platter of sliced fruit, basic porridge, and a bunch of other things I couldn't name. My attention was immediately drawn to a stack of what looked like golden-brown circles covered in a thick syrup. It smelled divine.

I grabbed a plate and cutlery and sliced into the fluffy food before me. They had more flavour than anything I've ever had at the Temple. A lot of Jedi choose to eat out at diners in the heart of Coruscant but I never have. I don't know why that is. As soon as I finish the first one, I stack my plate with three more clouds of sugary goodness.

"Something smells good" I hear the sweet voice of Padme.

She is already dressed in a simple, yet beautiful, dress with her hair done neatly. I don't know why I was expecting anything different.

"It's so good!" I say with my mouth full, momentarily forgetting who I was talking to.

Instead of reacting the way I expected her to, Padme laughs at my current lack of manners.

"You don't get food like this at the Temple, do you?" she says as she walks to the table and sits in the chair directly across from me.

"No we do not." I reply, being sure to swallow my food before speaking this time.

She smiles and takes a sip of the drink she had poured for herself.

"Anakin sure is sleeping late." She points out with a hint of accusation in her tone.

"He is." I say. Padme raises an eyebrow at me, "What?"

"I heard you both talking last night. Are you really going to pretend nothing happened?" She places her drink back down in front of her, a smile playing on her lips.

I only met Padme a couple of days ago but she is already proving to be a better friend than most people in my life. Sure we have completely different lives and all, but I feel as though I can trust her with anything. Unlike the Jedi, she cares about my feelings.

"I'm not pretending. Neither of us could sleep so we just sat up talking. No big deal." I explain truthfully.

"Whatever you say." She lowers her voice "(Y/N), I just want you to know that you can trust me. If you want to talk about your feelings or anything else, I'm here."

"Thank you, Padme." I smile.

"What's all the whispering about?" A groggy voice says behind us.

I turn to see Anakin entering the kitchen area still wearing his night clothing. He walks, dragging his feet along the floor while yawning and rubbing his stomach. His Padawan braid falls over his shoulder. He looks so cute and innocent.

"Good morning, Anakin." Padme says with a high level of positivity in her voice.

"Morning, Padme." He says, yawning again.