Chapter 58

Anakin, Artoo, and I are led by the Queen to an event I have been dreading; the slave auction. Anakin, of course, is flirting with the Queen up ahead while Artoo and I are left to trail behind them. I have no issue being separated from him, but I do wish he were closer. It would make me feel slightly more hidden while I'm wearing this ridiculous outfit.

As I am walking, a Zygerrian male abruptly steps in front of me. By the smirk on his face, the action was intentional. He looks me up and down before licking his lips.

"Can I help you?" I ask rudely.

"You are of exceptionally high quality, slave." He says, his voice matching his hideous figure.

The vile creature runs his finger along my jawline before looking down at my chest. I slap his hand away from my face and glare at him furiously.

"Touch me again, and I will kill you. You have my word." I threaten.

"Oh, a feisty one." He says, his smile growing bigger.

I look ahead to see Anakin has not noticed my predicament. I am no damsel in distress, but I do need his help now. He is the smooth talker, and if I'm not careful, my emotions may drive me to kill this man.

"A little help would be nice." I say through our connection.

He immediately turns around and his face drops upon noticing the male. He calmly walks back to me and places a hand on the Zygerrian's shoulder.

"Sorry, friend, but she is my gift to the Queen." Anakin says, managing to hide the anger he is feeling.

"That's a shame." The man sighs. "It's hard to find such a fine slave."

The man walks away without a second thought. Anakin, whose immediate instinct would normally be to hug me, walks back to the Queen. Although he hates it, he must keep his cover.

We proceed onward until we reach an open room overlooking a large arena. This must be where the auction is taking place. The room is very elegantly designed, obviously reserved only for royalty. The Queen is seated in the centre with Anakin and Artoo on one side and myself on the other. 

My already horrific outfit has been given yet another accessory since we entered this area. A shock collar around my neck. If I threaten the Queen again, my punishment will be a nasty shock of electricity. Honestly, the pain may be worth the personal satisfaction I would gain.

The Clone War has taught me many things thus far. The most important and consistent of these is the danger of arenas. First was Geonosis, then Mortis, and now Zygerria. Our lives may not be in immediate danger right now, but there is certainly a lot at stake.

The arena is square shaped and the walls are a similar colour to the sand of Tatooine. The crowd is seated behind blue bars a few metres up, watching the events taking place on a raised platform on the ground. They cheer from the anticipation of the "entertainment" to come. A guard stands at the centre of the arena, readying himself to welcome the crowd.

"Your Highness, Zygerrians, guests from a thousand worlds, our auction begins with slaves of unmatched quality and impossible quantity." The Zygerrian guard at the centre beams. "I give you Togruta, from the Kiros system."

A door to the side of the arena opens and Roshti, the governor of the Kiros colony, is forced into the open. He looks both exhausted and terrified as he hobbles further into the arena. I turn to look at the multiple screens on the far wall that show Roshti's face from different angles.

"This handsome sample represents a lot numbering no less than 50,000 beings. Note the compliance. Virtually untrained in combat, there will be no rebellion from these slaves." The auctioneer says ecstatically.