00

RUN, DOUBT, DANGER, TRUTH... What's going on?
Harvest, monster, farm... William Minerva.

That very day I read those books, I figured something was suspicious. Is there someone to run from? Should we doubt the 'truth' that were told to us? Danger, the monsters' harvest? Farm. .

A promise. . .

Endless questions flooded my head that day. I started, to change. Deep inside, I felt my heart change. Change... What is change?

I inspected the fences that mama told were dangerous.

Dangerous?

I stepped over the fence and dashed deeper into the woods. The man in the book told me to run and that's what I did. But a large, tall, massive wall loomed over me.

"Is this wall protecting us from someone? Or is it, rather, preventing us from leaving?"

That night, one of my older siblings were going to be adopted. She was only two years older than us and yet--

"Eri, make sure to write us letters, okay?!" Emma requests to the girl who nodded enthusiastically. "Of course I will! Cross my heart." Eri drew an X over her heart, promising to write letters.

"Eri, it's time to go," Mama says to the young girl. Eri nodded sadly and walked by mama's side.

"B - bye guys!"

The children all sadly waved goodbye to their sibling, watching her take one last glance of them.  Giving one last smile, she left the door.

The children stood in front of the door for several minutes before heading back to their rooms.
All but two.

"Rosie, what's the matter?" Ray asks me, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Ro? You're shaking."

"Ah, it's nothing, Ray. Let's go now."

He nodded as a reply then walked back to his shared room while I went to mine.

I actually didn't go to my room. I pick locked the backdoor of the house and ran towards the gate. Fast, and silent.

" a seven-year-old this time, huh." A man - no, a monster said.  "An average quality though. I wonder why they wanted to ship-out someone with potential."  Another monster replied.

"Hey, have you heard? There are four five-year-olds who perfected their exams." The monster told. "Really?"

"Yup, heard the higher-ups we're talking about it." The monster said smugly, raising his chin up as if to prove a point.

"Man, I can't believe it. . ."

"Human premium quality goods. . . oh how I wish to take a single bite."

I gasp in horror. Is what I'm hearing correct? I"m not crazy, right?

Right?

Now I understand the message William Minerva was trying to convey. It all made sense, with these monsters.

The only question now is, what role does mama play?

Without thinking twice, I ran back to the house and locked the backdoor. Panting, I rushed to the shared room I stayed at and quietly snuck myself to bed.

Monsters. That's what they are. For what reason though?

Survive survive survive survive survive survive